Leeson 220 single phase how to wire to square D 2601 drum switch????

Gman45acp

Active User
Registered
I need to wire the motor to square D 2601 drum switch. I need to know what wires to connect where. I have included the wiring plate that is on the motor. I connected L1 and L2 as shown and the motor runs as it should. Reverse T5and T8 it runs reverse. So which wires go to which terminals on the drum switch and are there any jumpers needed. Also which terminals need L1 and L2
368FAB74-2C2F-4310-ACBA-7AF6FD28CAC7.jpeg

Hi Gman: Which voltage will you be using 120 or 240 volt? Secondly, can you do the legwork and post the data for the 2601 switch, there are several styles listed, we need the contact arrangement to advise you- also, what is horsepower rating of motor? It looks like the amperage is 17.2 , you should consider running on 240 volt for efficiency and switch life
Mark

Last edited:
Hi Gman: Which voltage will you be using 120 or 240 volt? Secondly, can you do the legwork and post the data for the 2601 switch, there are several styles listed, we need the contact arrangement to advise you
Mark
220 single phase. Will check for switch wiring

Is this it. The motor side would be the wires shown on the motor plate as numbered????6DC48A5A-586E-4C5E-ABA4-3EF57887ADBB.png

No, that post was for a different drum switch
Let me draw you a new sketch

Ok. Great. I attempted it but the motor was slow to start one direction and was pulsing-surging the other direction, when wired direct instant start and smooth running

You may have to swap T5 and T8 if the motor rotation doesn't match the switch handle label- let me know if the sketch is too hard to read, I can post it in a higher resolution
I didn't show a ground wire but you should have one to the motor case and one from the motor case to the machine

Last edited:
Back