Left Hand Laydown Threading Bar Question

Purchased my inserts from Zoro's when they were a bit cheaper, their prices have gone up significantly. Least expensive option is to purchase directly from Carmex, see links below. I also have some Mitsubishi MMT16IRAG60-S VP15TF 16IR AG60 threading inserts but haven't used those yet.

The Carmex inserts I am using do not have the B chip breaker, they come w/wo this specification. I probably would go with a chip breaker if reordering. You could also speak to Carmex technical if you have specific questions about which insert they recommend for your application.

Carmex Threading Inserts Product Specifications
Insert IC 3/8"
Chipbreaker B
Pitch Range_TPI 8-48
Pitch Type AG60
Grade BMA
Brand CARMEX
Profile Type Partial Profile
Coating PVD / TiAlN
Designation 16 IR B AG60 BMA
Insert # 16 IR B AG60
ISO K CAST IRON X
ISO M STAINLESS STEELS X
ISO P STEEL X
ISO S HRSA EXOTIC X

CARMEX - 16 ER B AG60 BMA / Indexable Threading Insert / AG60 Pitch / 8-48 TPI / External / Right Hand
Mfr #: 16 ER AG60 BMA

CARMEX - 16 IR B AG60 BMA / Indexable Threading Insert / AG60 Pitch / 8-48 TPI / Internal / Right Hand
Mfr #: 16 IR AG60 BMA

CARMEX - 16 IL B AG60 BMA / Indexable Threading Insert / AG60 Pitch / 8-48 TPI / Internal / Let Hand

Carmex does have dual sided laydown threading inserts, but require a different holder and anvil, they are only available in 3/4" and 1" insert holders.

List of all available size 16 partial AG60 profile Carmex inserts:

Attachments

• Carmex Threading Inserts 2019.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Thank You! Thank You! Glad you sent Travers link. Went to MSC and they list a dozen different inserts under 16 IR B AG60 BMA. Have to figure out what they are. MSC is $27 and Travers is $17. I will get a Travers order up in the next couple of days. I wondered this morning if you were using the BMA grade. It has come up before in other sources.

Thank you again! Charles

P.S. You do know that you can buy Carmex inserts cheaper on Ebay from China? 10 for #19 instead of 1 for $17.
Just Kidding!!!

Back