Lets See Your Shop!

Here is my very cluttered Shop. It gets better, but then its gets worse. This is somewhere towards worse. Too many projects going on..

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

As nice as all y'alls shops are, I'll bet you dont have one of these. Would you believe my friend's wife made him throw it out? :D Wish I knew the history of it or who carved it. I think it has to do with womens vanity.. It came with the carved mirror, but I stuck the flag in there..

IMG_1355.jpg

Luckily we have another garage on the house that I keep my bikes in.. My wife considers it hers though and some complaining comes in from time to time.. ???

IMG_1359.jpg

author=Rsturgis link=topic=526.msg3993#msg3993 date=1297041265

Still with out a lathe, but planning on correcting that with in the next few weeks! ...........Rick

Well don't rush into anything.. make sure it's the lathe you REALLY want, and don't make your decision be blinded by the "good deal", as in "It didn't have the features I wanted, but the price was right.."

Last edited by a moderator:
author=Rsturgis link=topic=526.msg4007#msg4007 date=1297043897
Chuck, I see the problem, its all cluttered up with those old bikes, let me come over there and haul a few off for you! Heh heh heh. ya lucky SOB......................Rick

Looks like you have a few of your own :)

Seems like it would be neat to have a three or four bikes, but..
More bikes=more maintenance=less time/money for other projects..
not to mention worring about batteries and gas tank problems.

author=chengdave2003 link=topic=526.msg2410#msg2410 date=1294249115
Here's my mess (actually it gets a LOT messier, like now....)....

Nice Dave.. You got some good stuff!! You made me think you didn't have too much in your shop.. ;D

Hi
I am a retired auto mechanic so my shop shows that. A couple of years ago I sold my shop/store in town and built a new 40' x 48' shop beside the house with in-floor heat and super insulated. It is divided into 4 main areas and has 2 large doors. On the right side I built a spray/sand blasting booth 14' x 24' and the area in front has a new hoist installed. There is where I play with my old cars etc.
From the side of the spray booth across the back of the building and 12' wide is my machine shop with a set of stairs running up the left side to reach the storage area above these two rooms. The rest of the area is basically storage where I have a couple of tractors parked and a 36 Studebaker waiting it's turn as well as a fork lift. I make up a product called Evapo-Rust and need to be able to handle drums of product hence the need for a fork lift. Actually I am only semi retired I guess.
My machinery consists of an old 18" Barnes lathe that I restored many years ago. I also have a 9A South Bend with taper at. A small Hormier mill/drill for which I recently built a fine feed attachment. An Atlas wood band saw to which I added a worm drive gear box so I could use it for cutting metal. It is chain driven from the gear box below. I also had to make new blade guides as the old ones were broken and the table tilt trunnion were also rotten. So bolted a chunk of flat bar to the frame and mounted the table solid. Several drill presses, one large and one small one. A long time I built a small 42" x1 belt grinder for a set of casting and find it very handy. About a month ago I built a 20 ton press. I have a 42 " sheet metal brake and a bead roller for which I made a set of dies to form the ribs in the new floor for my 56 Studebaker. I have built several accessories for both my lathes. For my horizontal cutting I use a 16" power hacksaw. I also built a rotisserie to help with the restoration of my 2 Studebakers. I have a new Hobart mig welder as well as my ancient Lincoln stick welder and a B&D valve grinder as well as all my automotive tools I have used for over 50 years. I guess that is the most of it.

band.jpg brake.jpg belt.jpg grind.jpg milldrill.jpg press.jpg 17finished.jpg valve.jpg SB.jpg 56 stud.jpg barnes.jpg

OK, I'll play.
25x40, but it's 30 miles from home :(

Here is my new shop.
It is 24x40 with 11'6" ceiling, has a large and a small roll-up door and a full bathroom.
I hope to get the final inspection the week after Memorial day this year, and to have the driveway done that week as well. I need that driveway to get my electric forklift out to the shop from the garage at the house.
706710275_WmRqS-L.jpg
1081764363_BoEru-L.jpg
1081764293_cTRYy-L.jpg

706710275_WmRqS-L.jpg

1081764363_BoEru-L.jpg

1081764293_cTRYy-L.jpg

author=B34VD link=topic=526.msg14667#msg14667 date=1305926604
Nice shop Steevo. Post some pics when you get it all laid out.

I got my final inspection signed off, my driveway in, and moved my mill into the shop last week.

i-35ttCZB-M.jpg

Back