[4]

Let's See Your Tractors

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
1950 Farmall H and how it is used for metalworking (Moving the 1942 14x54 Hendey lathe bed into the basement through the window)
WOW! The things people put in their basements. AND, how they do it. :thumbsup:

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
WOW! The things people put in their basements. AND, how they do it. :thumbsup:
I watched a show where a guy put a entire locomotive in his basement. Most of it went down in pieces but a few parts had to go in a hole he cut in the wall.

Allen

Active User
Registered
not all that much to show, I'm afraid... and not a one of them particularly practical

'37 Allis WC

homebrewed Oil Pull "pup"
P8310001.jpg

1917 Twentieth Century Mfg Co 25HP

The sad, shot-up remains of an 18HP rear mount, heavy haulage Buffalo-Pitts which will donate it's wheels to the 20th Century someday (soon, I hope)

Kimmee's '45 Farmall H

And this isn't quite a "tractor"
P9140001-1.jpg

P8310001.jpg

P8310001.jpg

P9140001-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamper84

Active User
Registered
Those are all practical Allen!!!! Can you tell us more about that mini rumely??Thanks,Chris

Allen

Active User
Registered
Michael, The H is purple because the owner wanted it that way (there are about 1/4 million red cookie cutter ones - this one folks stop and look at). It might just slow down the He-Man joyriders from 'borrowing' it, too. Plus, as a bonus, it really annoys the obnoxious purists. Kimmee tells them if they don't like it, then they can BUY it from her (at HER price) and paint it any bloody color they want! If you'd seen how rough it was when we got it ($250 tractor), you'd say it looks real nice now. The grille was built up from 2 trashed ones. Somebody had sawed the manifold in half then "fixed" it with exhaust putty... it took us months to find one we could afford. We still need one new(er) rear rim and a generator that works, but it runs and drives.

Chris, the pup was built as practice project in welding school. The engine is a '35 IHC LA *(that was actually factory green), the front end is a cut down IHC horse forecart I found in a junkpile at an Amish auction. The rear wheels are from an IHC horse drawn mowing machine. The transaxle is an "Eclpse" 4 speed from a Murray lawn tractor. The steering box is from an Allis B. All that weight and I still had to put a 60# block of lead in the "radiator" to keep the front end from floating.
P1010003.jpg

It won "Best of Show" as a "recycling project" at the county fair back in '97

P1010003.jpg

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Michael, The H is purple because the owner wanted it that way (there are about 1/4 million red cookie cutter ones - this one folks stop and look at). It might just slow down the He-Man joyriders from 'borrowing' it, too. Plus, as a bonus, it really annoys the obnoxious purists.
I kinda like purple tractors, not something you see every day!

macrnr

Active User
Registered
I have the high bid on this old Ford, closes tomorrow. What color do y'all think I should paint it?

tractor.jpg

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
I have the high bid on this old Ford, closes tomorrow. What color do y'all think I should paint it?
I always go with what it was originally. Since this looks like a industrial model it was probably ford industrial yellow. Let us know what it goes for.

macrnr

Active User
Registered
I always go with what it was originally. Since this looks like a industrial model it was probably ford industrial yellow. Let us know what it goes for.
Just got out bid. It is 250 miles away and they said it ran when they pulled it out of service but I can't be sure. I want this old guy, just not sure if it is worth it. It is at $960.00 right now. I will probably take up to a grand at the last moment. A cleaned up one goes for about $3,500.00 around these parts. Decisions, Decisions. Oh well I will sleep on it.

MONTANA BUDMAN

Registered
Well seeing how I don't live on a farm or a ranch anymore this tractor is the only I get to play with as long as I take it from Grandson's and all 4 of them together are getting hard to handle. 41AWvURS7ML__SX385_.jpg

41AWvURS7ML__SX385_.jpg

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
Just got out bid. It is 250 miles away and they said it ran when they pulled it out of service but I can't be sure. I want this old guy, just not sure if it is worth it. It is at $960.00 right now. I will probably take up to a grand at the last moment. A cleaned up one goes for about $3,500.00 around these parts. Decisions, Decisions. Oh well I will sleep on it.
Watch bidding fees on auctions, Im registered for a insurance auto auction and the fees are ridiculous. Those are good tractors, I wouldn't be to worried about going more then that. It doesn't appear to be in bad shape and with a horizontal exhaust you don't have to worry about eater getting into the engine. If it sat outside id drain the hydraulic oil right away.

Sfrankland

Registered
Here is mine. Most of the machining work I do is manufacturing tractor attachments for tractors.

nevazaje.jpg

sy2ebezu.jpg

nevazaje.jpg

sy2ebezu.jpg

don

Registered
P1010001.JPG

Ok, I know she's small but she was brand new in 2012. Complete with bagging system. I hope to get a snow blower attachment next year for these northeast ohio winters! GO CUB CADET!!!

P1010001.JPG

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Got it $1,440.00. Now I need to get it home and start in on it. I don't know whether to be happy, or sad.

tractor.jpg

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
Got it $1,440.00. Now I need to get it home and start in on it. I don't know whether to be happy, or sad.
Keep thinking you screwed up on it and it will work out in the end. If you think you got a steal you will put more into it then what its worth. Thats how it worked for me in the past.

If you ever find a tractor that needs a lot of parts you will find out real quick the $1400 is cheap for a whole tractor.

chief

Active User
Registered
here is Jerry Lea with our tractors, and a picture of our new Barn,
shopbarn021.jpg
1951CUB007.jpg
Tractorpaintedup008.jpg

chief

Active User
Registered
The barn is made by Carolna Carports, Inc. it cost $ 4509.68 plus I paid $ 350.00 to have the dirt work done, and it only took them 4 hours to put it up.
I have three building made by them, and they a good company to work with,

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
The barn is made by Carolna Carports, Inc. it cost $ 4509.68 plus I paid $ 350.00 to have the dirt work done, and it only took them 4 hours to put it up.
I have three building made by them, and they a good company to work with,
Looks like plenty of storage space for that cost. in the past few years the cost of a pole barn has went crazy.

chief

Active User
Registered
Oh I didn't tell you the size, it is 36 X 26 each Bay is 12 wide and center is 10 foot tall and side Bays are 7 foot tall.
we had it Built so we could get everything out of the welding shop,
newtractor010.jpg

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Well, I got her home. She was living in Alamogordo New Mexico which is an Air Force Base Town. She had originally been an Air Force tractor but the school district ended up with her. It was used for city park maintenance until they got a landscape division 4 years ago. She has been parked since then. We aired up the tires, put a battery and a little gas and drove her up on the trailer. That made me happy. Alamogordo is right next to White Sands Missile Range, so they are are not afraid to light it up. While we where loading the tractor, two F-22 Raptors went screaming right over our head and broke the sound barrier. Way Cool! Anyway, 450 miles later she is home. My Case 440 L is named Casey, so we named the new Ford tractor Deborah after my wife.

tractor load.jpg

macrnr

Active User
Registered
whats the model # on that ford?
Description
Year:​
Manufacturer:​
Ford
Model:​
31024E
Hours:​
3859.5 on meter (Unknown if accurate)
VIN:​
C186093
Running Condition:​
Not running
Engine:​
8A17C, 3 Cylinder Gas

Transmission:​
7M22B
Brakes:​
unknown
Hydraulics Condition:​
unknown
Tires:​
14.9-24 rear, 7.50-16LT front

It is too dark to see right now, but this is what was listed. I am going to unload it and change all of the fluids before I do anything.

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Well, I got her home. She was living in Alamogordo New Mexico which is an Air Force Base Town. She had originally been an Air Force tractor but the school district ended up with her. It was used for city park maintenance until they got a landscape division 4 years ago. She has been parked since then. We aired up the tires, put a battery and a little gas and drove her up on the trailer. That made me happy. Alamogordo is right next to White Sands Missile Range, so they are are not afraid to light it up. While we where loading the tractor, two F-22 Raptors went screaming right over our head and broke the sound barrier. Way Cool! Anyway, 450 miles later she is home. My Case 440 L is named Casey, so we named the new Ford tractor Deborah after my wife.
Tractors and old equipment are my true passions. That is why I have machine tools, too fix the old guys.

rwwells

Active User
Registered
Thats great mac,

USA military jets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SOUND OF FREEDOM.

God Bless the USA and God Bless NM.

RWW

[5] [7]