[4]

Let's See Your Tractors

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Dave Smith

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
The payloader is used as a forkilft now--it is run by a Ih153c motor powering hydraulics I can't find a lot of info on it--but I think it was made in 50s--60s the lifting articulates to keep forks level as it lifts--I have lifted my hendy/norton universal mill and my bridgeport mill off my truck so it's healthy.---the homade unit has two 56 chev rearends cut narrower and one turned to face the other with a drive shaft between them--the drive shaft has a chain sprocket on it that connects to a drive on other side that is two 56 chev 3spd tranies in a row powered by a JD 2 cyl Luc engine.--the unit steers by braking either side--it will have hyds to power a snow blower and hoist and whatever other attachment I make for it. the tractor w loader is an IH 404 loboy. --the units on two wheels are JD LUC power units. a man needs to have lots of projects---- and--- machining tools to not get stumped for parts. Dave

Last edited:

H&NERy

Registered
Has anyone ever seen one of these? It's a 1954 Federal tank retriever. It's quite handy. It has a 20,000 pound lift capacity when the boom is completely vertical.

IMG_20130330_133828.jpg

Last edited:

macrnr

Active User
Registered
Has anyone ever seen one of these? It's a 1954 Federal tank retriever. It's quite handy. It has a 20,000 pound lift capacity when the boom is completely vertical.
Cool, what do you use it for?

H&NERy

Registered
Lifting, pulling, winching. It's equiped with a Garwood winch and the boom swings from side to side, that day that particular picture was taken I just got done loading a couple of dead trucks onto a lowboy trailer with it.

Frank Fox

Registered
A little smaller but built just as tough

DCP_5800.jpg

Left--1968 Cub Cadet 125 with a QA-42 snow thrower and on the right is my 1966 Cub Cadet 122 with a 42" front blade. This is my snow crew.

These are also my everyday lawn care/roto tilling/plow tractors.
Nice pair of CUB's, my pair is a husky (junk) and an old Crastsman (best lawn tractor I have owned) The battry is 10 years old? Cant belive it. :man:

Frank

Vince_O

Active User
Registered
Hey Chief you ever get any of those tractors stuck???????:rofl:

hendeygeorge

Registered
Wow, I have not seen one of those mini loaders in 30 years. we used one around the construction yard to load and unload scaffolding, skids of mortar and Portland cement, skids of screw jacks and used it mainly as a mule to move construction shanty's around the yard. that's a handy little tractor.
Thanks for sharing.
George.

walyo

Registered
Re: Let's See Your Tractors. One from the Emerald Isle.

Image0009.jpgMy little tractor.
Before, and after..Image0099.jpg

Image0009.jpg Image0099.jpg

awander

Active User
Registered
Wow-some nice tractors, folks!

I really want an old dozer.

Here is my 1952 Farmall Cub that I use for mowing, plowing, hayrides, etc:

1952 Farmall Cub.jpg

And here is the 1972 International Cub with backhoe and Wagner Loader:

Bugs.jpgBugs2.jpg

1952 Farmall Cub.jpg 09-20-08_1154.jpg Bugs.jpg Bugs2.jpg

stevewatr

Active User
Is that an oliver?
It's called an "Earthmaster". They are rare. They are very similar in size/engine to a Massey Harris Pony.

This particular is a beat up one I bought for parts to restore the I have that belonged to my father. It was "modified" with a cutting torch to fit a Hercules 4 cylinder in it. They were originally powered by a gas Continental N62.

Thanks,
Steve W.

atlas ten

Registered
New to me couple weeks ago 122. With snow thrower, mower and roto tiller (in pieces). She is a runner for $300. Not sure compression specs should be. i only get 50 psi. Good starting point for my first tractor. I took the snow blower off for the summer. Going to put the mower on.

47ec404bdfe54a7bf8296037181508a6.jpg

Jack

GCM

Self Trained Hobby-Machinist
Registered
This is my small 4x4 articulated Pasquali tractor. She is powered by a 2Cyl 1000cc air cooled Ruggerini Diesel Engine. Power output 26NM / 22.5HP. It is still in running conditions and to rebuild it one day is on my bucket list.
Pasqual1_2.jpg Pasqual1_1.jpg

John Hasler

Active User
That's the smallest arti I've ever seen. When I think of articulated tractors I think of 400HP Steigers.

Dave Smith

Active User
very very nice Pasquali---do you have any attachments for it or know what it was used for?--is it hyd drive or mechanical drive train?---thanks for showing it----Dave

GCM

Self Trained Hobby-Machinist
Registered
My guess is that mine is somewhere in the 70's but I am unable to confirm it, except that it is Italian. They were mostly used in Vineyards. Mine came with a rotovator and a single toe for ploughing and a missing hydraulic pump which is suppose to drive the rear 3 point hitch. I have seen various implements on the web being used.
It is mechanical drive and the main gearbox drives the front wheels. Rear wheels are driven with small universal type shafts to rear axle. Front axle also has a mechanical lever to engage diff lock on the front wheels.
She has a very interesting final drive system. 3speeds forward, 1 reverse but then there are another lever with 3 ranges (low, medium and high range) which gives you 9 forward speeds ranging from .4mph to 15mph and 3 reverse speeds ranging from .9mph to 10 mph. Below a schematic on the drive train. She has no breaks on the front axle only mechanical breaks on the rear axle.

Drive_Train.JPG

Olddaddy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Here's mine, mid-70's Jim Dandy/Power King with 14hp Kohler engine, dual trans setup.

image.jpg

awander

Active User
Registered
Here is my 1952 Farmall Cub (named Wile E. Cub):
1952 Farmall Cub.jpg

And here is my 1972 Cub with loader and backhoe(Bugs Backhoe):
Bugs2.jpg

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Here's my old Ford. 22k #'s dry, 36 yrs old and still working hard. I'd be lost without it. Mike

upload_2015-9-27_22-28-16.png

[5] [7]