Let's See Your Tractors

The payloader is used as a forkilft now--it is run by a Ih153c motor powering hydraulics I can't find a lot of info on it--but I think it was made in 50s--60s the lifting articulates to keep forks level as it lifts--I have lifted my hendy/norton universal mill and my bridgeport mill off my truck so it's healthy.---the homade unit has two 56 chev rearends cut narrower and one turned to face the other with a drive shaft between them--the drive shaft has a chain sprocket on it that connects to a drive on other side that is two 56 chev 3spd tranies in a row powered by a JD 2 cyl Luc engine.--the unit steers by braking either side--it will have hyds to power a snow blower and hoist and whatever other attachment I make for it. the tractor w loader is an IH 404 loboy. --the units on two wheels are JD LUC power units. a man needs to have lots of projects---- and--- machining tools to not get stumped for parts. Dave

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen one of these? It's a 1954 Federal tank retriever. It's quite handy. It has a 20,000 pound lift capacity when the boom is completely vertical.

IMG_20130330_133828.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen one of these? It's a 1954 Federal tank retriever. It's quite handy. It has a 20,000 pound lift capacity when the boom is completely vertical.
Cool, what do you use it for?

Lifting, pulling, winching. It's equiped with a Garwood winch and the boom swings from side to side, that day that particular picture was taken I just got done loading a couple of dead trucks onto a lowboy trailer with it.

Back