Let's See Your Tractors

members of the Man-Ville snow removal team.
John Deer Gator 6x4, Kubota BX24, Chevy Colorado

man-ville-snow-removal.jpg

The 555 stays parked for the winter, it has some pretty bald tires and we just paved the driveway. I have a Ford Stranger I plow with, it has chains but now with the paved driveway it's back to the old method of yanking it out when stuck with my Jeep in low range and locked axles. Puckers my wife quite nicely when she is in the truck when I yank it out:eek:. The Deere is a 4x4 so it is my back up plow vehicle. The 555 makes me pucker a bit when I back up over a decent sized rock.

Speaking of, we're due for 8" today and wifey is at work so I'm out in a few to plow the 4" or so we already have. It sux when I get stuck and I'm home with my 8 y/o daughter. I'm thinking about training her to steer the truck next time I get stuck, she doesn't pucker near as easily as my wife:D
If you are using chains, worn tires are actually better than new ones. The chains tend to end up in the gaps between the ribs of the tread and only partly add grip. Not so much a problem with x-type crosschains and even less with the forest style with studded rings in the middle.

forsite.jpg 031.jpg loader.jpg 035.jpg This is my first attempt at posting pictures on this site so hopefully it goes well. These are all simplicity 9020's, they all have three point cat 0 and rear pto with front hyd. quick connect. The backhoe is home built off the original design and it is powerful enough to lift the entire front of tractor off the ground with a full bucket of gravel. These are sub compact with 20hp Onan. Does anyone on here have a 9020, 4041, 4040? I believe I have every attachment except the Airplane tow bar. Always looking for attachments and parts for these tractorsdozer.jpg

Blew a hose on my plow truck, the Deere came to the rescue. About 8" of heavy, wet snow. I just set the bucket a bit above the pavement and pushed, the snow stuck to itself and out from the bucket about 4 feet. Today will be spent probably in a line at the hydraulic hose shop with the rest of the people that blew lines.

I thought maybe all you tractor lovers out there might get a kick out of this. It's a project I built quite a few years ago by now, but I was just purging some old drawings and files from my studio today and ran across the photograph.

image.jpeg

The "tractor" in question is actually a toy box ( or the toy box in question is actually a tractor depending on how you look at it ), the engine side cover being hinged to open into the storage cavity.

It was built as a collaborative effort -- the Dad (a good friend of mine) wanted to build the thing but had virtually zero experience with woodwork nor any place to even start. So he asked if I could take him in and we would build it together.

I think it took us a good few months of Saturday afternoons but in the end it all came together. The design, my friend is a professional artist, was meant to stay somewhat simplistic with a bit of a cartoon feel to it. We made it all out of pine, and it was ok that screws and nails would be seen and not filled. It's a toy box, after all. We did get a little sidetracked with incorporating an actual sprung rear suspension as well as functional steering, but stopped short of making the gauges functional!

I'm not sure who actually got the most benefit the project, the Dad for learning how to build something for his son, or me for being able to teach it. It's pretty easy to tell how mom and Tomas feel about it though, eh? Thanks for looking.

-frank

Here is me/mine from the other day after some snow, My wife was playing with her new Nikon D7000 I got her for Christmas:

If your a JD Fan, please check out our JD forum at www.greentractortalk.com

I've since sold my 4110, and bought this 3720 CAB TLB, model year 2012 and only had 127 hours on it when I got it. Unfortunately we've had no appreciable snow this year to enjoy the heat!

IMG_5334 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5337 (Medium).JPG

Back