Let's See Your Tractors

Mac and Michael,

I have about 5 acres near Las Vegas.

And, yes it is a awful heavy backhoe for the ford 601, Sherman F-8 Power Digger, pins and bushing are wore out, hydraulic rams look pretty good, someone used and abused it. The front end loader is a Davis 101A, beat up as well. The tractor has a the small diesel engine with a broken crank. Does have power steering, and all hydraulics appear to be sound for rebuilding. The Ford 801 has the big diesel engine that runs poorly(smoking). Three projects in all, 801 rebuild engine and cosmetics, Backhoe and Front End Loader replace hoses pins and bushings and both need welding and reinforced in several places. Then put power steering, FEL & BH on 801.

So these will keep me busy for a while.

RWW

By the way anyone happen to see on line fibreglass kits 8 or 9N Ford tractors that will fit any garden
tractor. Also comes with rear fenders. Then my 8N will have a baby. Sleek

Feb14-12.JPG

By the way anyone happen to see on line fibreglass kits 8 or 9N Ford tractors that will fit any garden

What kind of loader is that? I have never seen anything like it.

Mac and Michael,

I have about 5 acres near Las Vegas.

And, yes it is a awful heavy backhoe for the ford 601, Sherman F-8 Power Digger, pins and bushing are wore out, hydraulic rams look pretty good, someone used and abused it. The front end loader is a Davis 101A, beat up as well. The tractor has a the small diesel engine with a broken crank. Does have power steering, and all hydraulics appear to be sound for rebuilding. The Ford 801 has the big diesel engine that runs poorly(smoking). Three projects in all, 801 rebuild engine and cosmetics, Backhoe and Front End Loader replace hoses pins and bushings and both need welding and reinforced in several places. Then put power steering, FEL & BH on 801.

So these will keep me busy for a while.

RWW

The david brown in my pictures was bought with a broken crank. O heard diesel dont like to be bogged down at idle, it causes vibration in the crankshaft. The guy who had it would run a baler with it so I think he ran the PTO in 1000rpm at idle. It had a 2 speed PTO on it.

DSCI0931.jpgDSCI0934.jpg

Is that a massy ferguson loader? There is a old farm near me with 2 or 3 of those rotting away. Lots of other stuff too but they wont sell any of it.

DSCI0931.jpg

DSCI0934.jpg

Michaeljp86,

My goodness, yes I would say the crank was broken. Was the block ruined?

RWW

Michaeljp86,

My goodness, yes I would say the crank was broken. Was the block ruined?

RWW

On one of the breaks you could see where the twp broken ends rubbed on each other. I think it still ran a long time with it broke only in on spot. One connecting rod hit the block and broke the nut off but the block survived.

Here was the first start, that was christmas eve 2011

[video=youtube;JD0QoTHH_YM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0QoTHH_YM[/video]

My cousins have two of those David Browns. A 1200 and a 990 with a loader. The crank in the 1200 has been replaced one and the 990 twice!! Needless to say, they don't really use those two anymore lol.

Chris

Back