Let's See Your Tractors

I think the tractor hobby requires machining equipment. Unless you have lots of money to pay someone else for parts.

I think the tractor hobby requires machining equipment. Unless you have lots of money to pay someone else for parts.

Now you know why I bought my lathe, I could of had a lot of other nice machines with the money Ive paid other people. One thing Ive noticed is thats the big difference between being able to save a machine from the scraper or putting more into it then what its worth. We have a trencher that has probably twice into it then what it will ever be worth and we have yet to use it to make any money.

DSC_9948.jpg

centerandtranssectionhungfromhoist.jpg

8nforwallpaper.jpg

AlixCubCadet2.jpg

With all the orchards in the area, Ford tractors are very numerous around here in SE PA. I grew up on a Farmall H, but with the hills here, need a very low wide stance, hence the Fords.

And of course, love Cub Cadets. All narrow frames.

These Fords are addicting - there are three 8Ns, a 851 and a Jubilee sprinkled around the joint. The Jubilee is the worlds ugliest, but best running tractor. That Jube will idle at 250 rpm - one day I'll post a video.

Ray

DSC_9948.jpg

centerandtranssectionhungfromhoist.jpg

8nforwallpaper.jpg

AlixCubCadet2.jpg

Yeah, I love those Fords also right along with the Farmalls. A Farmall Super A was the first tractor I ever drove.

That picture of the cadet looks like she needs a racing helment. Looks like it is really moving even though it isn't.

I find owning a mill and lathe opened up alot of projects that I didn't want to start cause it would involve buying more parts. But with the equipment I can repair most of what I need.

heres my little jd 2130. it was very rough when i got it, have the front half finished but still the cab to sort out. Getting there slowly
2010-11-07 15.16.08.jpg

2010-11-07 15.16.08.jpg

Back