Let's See Your Tractors

1950 Farmall H and how it is used for metalworking (Moving the 1942 14x54 Hendey lathe bed into the basement through the window)

WOW! The things people put in their basements. AND, how they do it. :thumbsup:

WOW! The things people put in their basements. AND, how they do it. :thumbsup:

I watched a show where a guy put a entire locomotive in his basement. Most of it went down in pieces but a few parts had to go in a hole he cut in the wall.

not all that much to show, I'm afraid... and not a one of them particularly practical

'37 Allis WC

homebrewed Oil Pull "pup"
P8310001.jpg

1917 Twentieth Century Mfg Co 25HP

The sad, shot-up remains of an 18HP rear mount, heavy haulage Buffalo-Pitts which will donate it's wheels to the 20th Century someday (soon, I hope)

Kimmee's '45 Farmall H

And this isn't quite a "tractor"
P9140001-1.jpg

P8310001.jpg

P8310001.jpg

P9140001-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are all practical Allen!!!! Can you tell us more about that mini rumely??Thanks,Chris

Michael, The H is purple because the owner wanted it that way (there are about 1/4 million red cookie cutter ones - this one folks stop and look at). It might just slow down the He-Man joyriders from 'borrowing' it, too. Plus, as a bonus, it really annoys the obnoxious purists. Kimmee tells them if they don't like it, then they can BUY it from her (at HER price) and paint it any bloody color they want! If you'd seen how rough it was when we got it ($250 tractor), you'd say it looks real nice now. The grille was built up from 2 trashed ones. Somebody had sawed the manifold in half then "fixed" it with exhaust putty... it took us months to find one we could afford. We still need one new(er) rear rim and a generator that works, but it runs and drives.

Chris, the pup was built as practice project in welding school. The engine is a '35 IHC LA *(that was actually factory green), the front end is a cut down IHC horse forecart I found in a junkpile at an Amish auction. The rear wheels are from an IHC horse drawn mowing machine. The transaxle is an "Eclpse" 4 speed from a Murray lawn tractor. The steering box is from an Allis B. All that weight and I still had to put a 60# block of lead in the "radiator" to keep the front end from floating.
P1010003.jpg

It won "Best of Show" as a "recycling project" at the county fair back in '97

P1010003.jpg

Michael, The H is purple because the owner wanted it that way (there are about 1/4 million red cookie cutter ones - this one folks stop and look at). It might just slow down the He-Man joyriders from 'borrowing' it, too. Plus, as a bonus, it really annoys the obnoxious purists.

I kinda like purple tractors, not something you see every day!

I have the high bid on this old Ford, closes tomorrow. What color do y'all think I should paint it?

tractor.jpg

Back