Lets show them what we Know

rickard

Registered
I asked 32 if we could have some space for the different Table Top Machines. I know there are More of us out there that do Small stuff, As part of another Hobby or due to space restrictions. I my self, race slot cars and about 80% of my Machining is for them. I also am Lumbered with living in a small Apt, so I have no room ADULT sized tools. so let's get talking and sharing.

like this rickard
I'm making a 12" 100 tooth gear on a 4 axis sherline
steve

DIGI0074.JPG

you said small the valve in this pictures handle is the size of a quarter and the valve works

DIGI0097.JPG

IMG_0121.JPGIMG_0118.JPGIMG_0122.JPGIMG_0125.JPG
I am a total noob. I am reinventing the wheel in a vacuum. I am teaching myself how to machine 40 some years after highschool shop class. I bought the Sherline 4400 lathe around 2005 and added the 2000 DRO mill a year or so later. I decided to get Sherline because of its size, affordability, and made is USA. I am into model airplanes, RC and control line and use it for making widgets for them. I have recently finished a couple PM casting kits. Very enjoyable, I learned alot and they actually run! My next project will be a Humbug scratch built .09 IC model airplane engine which I plan to put in a plane if it has enough ooph. Here are some pictures of "Dave's World" and my 2 PM kits. I will get larger machines as my budget allows but i cannot forsee the time I will get rid of my Sherline equipment. The more I use them, theb better I appreciate them. They are great for what they are designed for!

IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0125.JPG

Beazld
That is a nice a shop space plenty of light and room :) is that going to be a .09 profile U-Line plane ? I hope yopu live a LONG and Enjoyable life with your sherline.like my Unimat they'll have to Pry it from my Cold dead hands before I give it up! heck I'll make ya a good deal for my Daughter before I'd sell it at any price

Rickard,
The plane in the pic it a .40 size Brodak P-51B profile CL. I will probably scratch a CL "something" for the .09 Humbug once it gets built. I am not a prolific anything, I build and make chips when time and interest allows. I did get the plans and have all the materials for the Humbug. I am trying to finish up some projects before beginning any new ones. The P-51 is on the top of the list now that the brass engine is finished.

Beazld
Very Cool I had a few 1/2A U-Line Planes as a kid. a few years back I got the nostalgia bug and bought a lil' Satin Combat ship like I had in 70's and found out very Quick how hard WSings are to build and how hard they are fly :)

I have a Sherline Mill and Lathe, both CNC and have been making things on it for about a year now. I use these whenever I have to make small parts. I use my South Bend for bigger stuff. The latest things I made were some fly cutters, one straight (for gears using rotary table) and one angled for trueing up parts. The pic shows the first try with aluminum angle and it worked out perfect.
Paul

DCP_0488.JPG DCP_0490.JPG

The motor in the lower left is BEAUTIFUL. Wow. Got any more pics of her?

View attachment 37562View attachment 37563View attachment 37564View attachment 37565
I am a total noob. I am reinventing the wheel in a vacuum. I am teaching myself how to machine 40 some years after highschool shop class. I bought the Sherline 4400 lathe around 2005 and added the 2000 DRO mill a year or so later. I decided to get Sherline because of its size, affordability, and made is USA. I am into model airplanes, RC and control line and use it for making widgets for them. I have recently finished a couple PM casting kits. Very enjoyable, I learned alot and they actually run! My next project will be a Humbug scratch built .09 IC model airplane engine which I plan to put in a plane if it has enough ooph. Here are some pictures of "Dave's World" and my 2 PM kits. I will get larger machines as my budget allows but i cannot forsee the time I will get rid of my Sherline equipment. The more I use them, theb better I appreciate them. They are great for what they are designed for!

The motor in the lower left is BEAUTIFUL. Wow. Got any more pics of her?

Here are a few more pictures of my PM Research 3BI steam engine casting kit as requested. It has a CI base and brass/bronze castings. the quality of the castings seem very good to my inexperienced eyes. The plans are very easy to understand and it was fun to build. The aluminium one in the other photos is the first one I made, and I also purchased their DVD on set up and machining it for the noob. It was helpful as well.

IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0130.JPG

Back