Lets Talk Cordless Electric Chain Saws

I have a makita 18v xcuo2z, power is good for limbs up to 10" diameter. Already had the 2 batteries needed. It was $130 and then I got a 10% discount . Works great(quiet and has an electronic break). Wouldn't say it is heavy duty.

Great thread.
Thanks to @jbolt for asking and everyone that's supplied their experience!

I looked into the cordless, but if you do not use them often enough to exercise the batteries the battery will die of boredom and not work when you need them.

I guess I'm not that sold on anything cordless that doesn't get used on a regular basis. Over the years I've had battery powered drills, saws, rotary hammers, and air compressors. The tools that were used on a regular basis like the drills and skill saws seemed to get adequate battery life. The ones that weren't regularly used like the air compressor, chain saw, and rotary hammers seemed to have a shorter battery life even though they were charged per the manufacturers instructions.

The battery technology is still such a moving target.
I don't have an electric chain-saw, but with drills the NiCads had great power for a year or so...then it was cheaper to buy a new kit then replacement batteries.
I have been impressed with both the Ni-MH and Li-Ion batteries. I won't but anything but Li-Ion anymore, but I doubt they sell any that aren't.

I use a corded electric saw and I have a 2000/4000W inverter mounted in the truck to power it I also have a big deep cycle batterry mounted under the hood and set up to always be charging if the engine is running.....The inverter also comes in handy for a lot of other jobs away from the house.

I bet that's true. That sounds like a great solution.

-brino

I ended up getting the EGO 14" cordless chainsaw. I must admit I am impressed with the power and run time. Not what I had expected. Did a bunch of trimming and took down half a dozen dead trees this week on a couple of battery charges.

We were so pleased with the portability of the cordless saw we also picked up a cordless string trimmer by the same manufacturer. Works as well as the gas trimmers we have.

I really like that the EGO batteries all work in all tools regardless of the battery size.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back