Leveling Feet

I have the same, only from McMaster-Carr on my lathe. They work very well on uneven floors. If you think you need rubber feet I'd suggest some 190 durometer die rubber that's 3/16 thick.

I'd use Forstner wood drill bit to cut a bit flat bottomed shallow hole in a hockey puck. I'll be using nearly identical feet and that design to level my lathe in the nearer future when I come up with the ambition to get it up in the air and put in the leveling feet.

Those look decent. Wonder how long they're on back order. Those are over 4.5" diameter. The ones I ordered are less then 2".

I bought a pallet worth of these: https://www.unisorb.com/solution/ma...-application-and-specification-guidelines.pdf

They're pretty cool, but insanely expensive outside of an auction from a *very* industrial clearing house. Unfortunately, the leveling setup inside the cast cabinets of my Sheldon Sebastian A5 lathe doesn't have room for those large spherical washers or the larger footing of the leveling pad. So instead, I bought those JW Winco ones from Amazon to perfectly fit the already provided 1/2-13 threaded hole for a leveler. To make up for the small 2" contact area on Winco/Te-Co feet, I'll be putting a tight fitting flat bottomed counterbore into a hockey puck to fit the pad and using Loctite 380 to bond the pad into the puck. Particularly on my roly-poly basement floor, I need the travel of the Winco type levelers because the wedge style ones bottom out long before I get anything close to level.

These are pictures of the cribbing to get my Rockford MV100 down onto those Unisorb wedge style levelers. Unfortunately I need to pull the hockey puck from a couple of them and face it down quite a bit, since at least one corner reaches the end of its upward travel long before the mill gets even roughly (carpenter's level) level.

IMG_20180105_192505547.jpg

IMG_20180105_195624594_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180105_195629568.jpg

I used some very similar from Amazon for my pm932 stand worked great

Back