[CNC] LienCNC V2 design released

mcdanlj

Registered
Registered
I've been following Eric Lien's work on his latest CNC router, and he just posted the complete design. Everything except a wiring diagram, modeled down to nuts, bolts, and washers. It's a 1 meter by 1 meter class (X=738mm / Y=724.5mm / Z=129mm movement) ballscrew-driven router intended for cutting aluminum. Runs on HGR20 linear rail, holds a 2.2kW 3-phase water-cooled ER20 spindle, and closed-loop steppers that run off 48VDC. Gantry plates are ½" ATP-5 toolplate for stiffness and (I think) slight reduction in resonance over 6061.

His BOM has sources for nearly everything except (I think) the toolplate, lumber, and wire, including URLs. (He even included a bootlace ferrule kit in the BOM! Too few folks realize how important that can be...) Lots of useful info if you're trying to find best sources for a DIY CNC router, or honestly anything similar, there.

He's not here on Hobby-Machinist as far as I know, but figured there are folks here who would be interested, so passing along the news. I got to see it "in person" last week and it's a really nice design. I have a bit of CNC router envy now! ☺

I just looked over the github contents on this design. It looks like a very nice design. It is unusual that an open design like this is so extremely well documented. It is refreshing to see and you can tell that the work involved was not trivial.

Back