[4]

Life changes ......

• Thread starter Deleted member 31249
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I am in the process of adapting my shop to be able to work in it. Since it won't accommodate a wheelchair, I must make other arrangements to get around in it. It also must be equipped with a closed circuit camera and intercom system so I can be monitored while there in case of problems or emergency. This will take some time, probably at least a couple months. As of now, I will no longer be a moderator on here but will ,if permitted, remain as a regular member to continue to contribute and pass on knowledge. I also belong to 5 other machinist and machine forums. I intend to participate at those as I always have and none will interfere with each other as far as I am concerned. I am turning my own website over to someone else to run as I don't have the time to devote to running it or the desire and ability to manage it. As I adapt to a new lifestyle of not being able to walk and get around as I used to, ALL my time will be devoted to machining and offering machining advice to anyone that asks for it. I am also planning my wedding next year and it and my new wife will demand some of my time.
So..... To all my friends, I intend to be back and available to everyone I know and have grown to love.

Last edited by a moderator:

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Welcome back Mark. Missed ya. :)

Reeltor

Active User
Registered
Mark, I just wanted to thank you for the posts that you have made. I enjoyed and learned a lot from reading through your builds as well as general postings.

Mike

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Glad to see your back my friend and congratulations on the wife to be. Hope she's willing to share :black eye:. Good luck to you with all that you are planning. Can't wait for your next build.

Be well my friend.

Old Mud

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Well Mark, I hope you find a decent way to get around in your shop. Maybe with a few pics. we could help with suggestions. Please keep us posted as to your progress.

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Well Mark, I hope you find a decent way to get around in your shop. Maybe with a few pics. we could help with suggestions. Please keep us posted as to your progress.
That is a greate idea Old mud. Extra eyes will maybe help. Good thinking and we all would like to see your progress I think, I know I would.

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Well...... I'm lying in the emergency room tonight. They are checking for a heart attack and there are a lot of doctors and nurses buzzing around. They seem concerned about my aneurysm right now. I think they are going to check it again. My girlfriend called a ambulance because I collapsed with chest pain tonight at home.

D

Deleted member 43972

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Oh Mark, you'll pull through, friend. Be strong!!

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Hang in there Mark , day by day !

NEL957

Active User
Registered
Mark
I will be saying a prayer for I know the Father hear and answers prayer. Be strong my friend and get back to work.
Thank you for all you do. Get well quickly.
Nelson

FOMOGO

Active User
You've had a tough road my friend. Hope things are looking better in the morning. Mike

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hi Mark. I am only reading about you being in hospital now. Are you ok? Will be praying for you. Keep us informed if you can. Good luck and God bless

Z2V

Mark
Your in my prayers as well. Hope you situation improves very soon so you can get your way back to your shop.
GOD BLESS YOU

Old Mud

Well Geez, that's no fun at all. I had mine on 12/28 when they went in and did a 5 way bypass. Still recovering and have a long way to go but getting there. Time will heal, sometimes even better than when you started. hope you get better soon.

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
Mark always in my prayers and friendship you share is amazing . I too hope for the best and if possible anyway we can help. God bless you my friend I'm praying for miracles . I'm finally getting past the withdrawal of the morphine my Dr don't like it but no more of it for me. Cold turkey is tuff and I know what you went through . Keeping up with your shop is super great my best ideas were mounting everything on casters to move where you can use then . Wheelchairs will push and pull . Lift tables and crank winches will lift . HF truck jib cranes are amazing in our condition.
I'm praying and glad you've found a wonderful lady God bless you both with many years of life and love.

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Well,...... It seems it was just a mild heart attack ( I have had a few of those over the years). They wanted to keep me but they had no beds and wanted to transfer me to a hospital 15 miles away. I don't like that hospital and didn't want to go so I told them to send me home with the understanding that I would return if I have any problems. I feel pretty good today but taking it easy for the next few days.

Thank you all for the prayers. I can't go now.... God isnt through with me yet. 20180424_210959.jpg
My girlfriend took this at the hospital last night! I look better now.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
You're a tough guy Mark, hang in there. Besides, I will need to pick your brain if I try building a tool/cutter grinder. :)

Rest up buddy.

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hey Mark,glad to see you are still kicking. Tell me my friend how old is your profile pic,you look like two different people. (old age is an ugly thing :laughing:
Just kidding my friend. I have a great sense of humour that God gave me and use it as often as possible,You look good in hospital atire.
Get well soon.

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Hey Mark,glad to see you are still kicking. Tell me my friend how old is your profile pic,you look like two different people. (old age is an ugly thing :laughing:
Just kidding my friend. I have a great sense of humour that God gave me and use it as often as possible,You look good in hospital atire.
Get well soon.
That's funny! My profile pic is only a few weeks old.

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I am still kicking, but had another minor episode today. I don't want to go back to the hospital. I may just take a nap and wait.

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Please take it Mark and take care of yourself. Don't strain yourself. Be well

FarmDad

Registered
Registered
I had a major heart attack last December ( cpr and the full ride ) . It takes a while to get back to doing anything , and pushing too hard just creates setbacks . Be well by being Cautious

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Yeah ...... I need rest right now. I have a condition called Prinz metals angina, which means the aorta goes into spasms and cant pass blood properly and basically creates a heart attack. If it would get severe long enough, it is fatal. My left ventricle also is misfiring occasionally. I hope it remains stable. I just take things one day at a time.

Eddyde

Registered
Registered
Good to hear you made it through, hang in there and be strong.

Nelson

Mark, a prayer for your recovery...

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve thy sick servant Mark, and give thy power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that those for whom our prayers are offered may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in thy loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

D

Deleted member 31249

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I stopped by here today to give all my friends here an update.
I went back to Pittsburgh on Monday and talked to my neurologist. I am as good as I will get. I need a wheelchair to get around now permanently. They don't know the reasons for the tremors but she and I decided that I will live with them and adapt as best I can until they get worse (if they do and probably will over time). The meds to try and control the tremors, I cannot take and NOBODY is going to burn pinholes in my brain to try and make them better.They are bad enough that my machining days are over.
I knew this day was coming, I just thought , or hoped it would be farther in the future. I'm not as devastated as I thought I might be. I think that is because I am getting married and she and I try to spend time together doing things together so I am occupied with good quality time. I worry about leaving the shop sit with no attention as it won't be good for everything in there. I wish I could sell everything in it in one lot to a good home. I know my days for doing even simple every day tasks are numbered and I must adapt and be ready. I already cannot take care of the house upkeep, the small lawn and even small repairs around the house. This puts a burden on my wife to be, which bothers me. We are concentrating on spending quality time together every day. I am very happy with her, but life as I knew it, must change. I have a lot of decisions and planning to do very soon to make life as simple and enjoyable as possible. The shop is the biggest decision to make. I will never be returning to it as I can't use tools anymore, let alone run a machine. It is just sitting there at the present.

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
O Mark,my friend I was so hoping and praying things would change for the better for you. I wish you all the best and hope you can find peace with your whole situation. I really hoped you could return to your shop. I am actually sad on your behalf, but God has a plan for you and your wife to be. Good luck and God bless you. Please don't disapear. O and by the way, I think you have a good woman there,I have mine who stuck it out through my bad time. God be with both of you.

Nelson

I will never be returning to it as I can't use tools anymore, let alone run a machine. It is just sitting there at the present.
I am going to make a radical suggestion.

What about using the school to train other machinists, using your advice and experience?
They come to your shop and learn under your guidance- kind of like the scraping lessons Rich gives. In exchange, they pay you some money for the lessons, and that keeps the shop running and pays for the upkeep?It keeps you active and in the shop.

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
I also had a similar idea Nelson,but don't you think that in order to teach, you must also show how things are done. I am not shooting it down and am not being negative about it,it IS a good idea, but would it be possible for Mark to assist the "student". What do you think Mark? It would be great if you can transfer all that knowledge to someone one else. I am planning to do that oneday when I can't do this anymore.

[6]
[5] [7]