Life changes ......

I had a major heart attack last December ( cpr and the full ride ) . It takes a while to get back to doing anything , and pushing too hard just creates setbacks . Be well by being Cautious

Yeah ...... I need rest right now. I have a condition called Prinz metals angina, which means the aorta goes into spasms and cant pass blood properly and basically creates a heart attack. If it would get severe long enough, it is fatal. My left ventricle also is misfiring occasionally. I hope it remains stable. I just take things one day at a time.

Mark, a prayer for your recovery...

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve thy sick servant Mark, and give thy power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that those for whom our prayers are offered may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in thy loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

I stopped by here today to give all my friends here an update.
I went back to Pittsburgh on Monday and talked to my neurologist. I am as good as I will get. I need a wheelchair to get around now permanently. They don't know the reasons for the tremors but she and I decided that I will live with them and adapt as best I can until they get worse (if they do and probably will over time). The meds to try and control the tremors, I cannot take and NOBODY is going to burn pinholes in my brain to try and make them better.They are bad enough that my machining days are over.
I knew this day was coming, I just thought , or hoped it would be farther in the future. I'm not as devastated as I thought I might be. I think that is because I am getting married and she and I try to spend time together doing things together so I am occupied with good quality time. I worry about leaving the shop sit with no attention as it won't be good for everything in there. I wish I could sell everything in it in one lot to a good home. I know my days for doing even simple every day tasks are numbered and I must adapt and be ready. I already cannot take care of the house upkeep, the small lawn and even small repairs around the house. This puts a burden on my wife to be, which bothers me. We are concentrating on spending quality time together every day. I am very happy with her, but life as I knew it, must change. I have a lot of decisions and planning to do very soon to make life as simple and enjoyable as possible. The shop is the biggest decision to make. I will never be returning to it as I can't use tools anymore, let alone run a machine. It is just sitting there at the present.

O Mark,my friend I was so hoping and praying things would change for the better for you. I wish you all the best and hope you can find peace with your whole situation. I really hoped you could return to your shop. I am actually sad on your behalf, but God has a plan for you and your wife to be. Good luck and God bless you. Please don't disapear. O and by the way, I think you have a good woman there,I have mine who stuck it out through my bad time. God be with both of you.

I will never be returning to it as I can't use tools anymore, let alone run a machine. It is just sitting there at the present.

I am going to make a radical suggestion.

What about using the school to train other machinists, using your advice and experience?
They come to your shop and learn under your guidance- kind of like the scraping lessons Rich gives. In exchange, they pay you some money for the lessons, and that keeps the shop running and pays for the upkeep?It keeps you active and in the shop.

I also had a similar idea Nelson,but don't you think that in order to teach, you must also show how things are done. I am not shooting it down and am not being negative about it,it IS a good idea, but would it be possible for Mark to assist the "student". What do you think Mark? It would be great if you can transfer all that knowledge to someone one else. I am planning to do that oneday when I can't do this anymore.

Back