Life really is made better with a friend.

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
Our oldest daughter has no husband but is a beautiful red head and is a very smart women . Holding her own mental health service and ten years in business. Her only family is us of course , but she has two dogs . Charlie the crazy nut herding mutt, cries like a baby if she's gone. Now Tiger he's over 16 years old a runt of the litter terrier mix. Now he's been the ABSOLUTELY best dog and my buddy , we travelled all over together I'd grab his leash and he'd get so excited he couldn't be still . I tell you he's got more miles in my truck then the trucks I've owned. He loved people and could tell the bad ones. He slept in my lap for years till he couldn't get up to me.
Well he's slowing down and the vet today said he thinks he's got a few months left. It's tearing me apart just thinking of how it will hurt her. But that little 15lb dog will never have an equal , he knew the days of the week and where we were going . The club , nanas house, down the shore. Just say the words he knew. Funny and quiet unless someone came near me he protected me , like I needed any. So if I can ask for a prayer for all the family , no I'm not trying to rush , sometimes it helps to be prayed for a future that you know will hurt. Maybe it's just for myself , ill miss him badly . Honestly I've had lots of dogs but this boy really is a special guy . He loved to hunt , catching birds ,squirrels feared and tormented him I found him 8' up a tree after them. You pet owners all understand bad news about your buddies.

Silverbullet,
I know how you feel, I was speaking to my daughter on the phone this afternoon, and she her husband and daughter are dreading and preparing for the enevitable day which I can see drawing close for her little cat, (17 years old) whose health is failing rapidly, He has been a delightful family buddy for them all, had him since he was a kitten, All you can do is give love and support in this scenario, Non pet lovers do not understand .
As for me I have been ill and finding it hard to get over the passing of my furry critter , a few months back, He was my best pal.

I'm very fond of all furry critters, big and small. Spent big bucks on 'em too

Yep...I'm in the same boat with my 110# Rhodesian Ridgeback. He's 14 years old which is about the norm age limit for big dogs. Anyway...Its going to be tough but one thing I know is that the best answer is to quickly start looking for another pup. There will never be a replacement for him... But for the most part, all dogs are great. And having another dog around the house fills part of that void. Last time I lost my dog, I was torn up for 2 weeks sold. I finally got online and searched for a Ridgeback. Located my current dog at an SPCA in Lucedale Miss.
The mother died and they were nursing 10 little Ridgeback pups. He's most likely mixed with some Boxer, but he has beautiful markings with a perfect ridge and crown on his back. Anyway...Paid something like a 15.00 fee and me and Java drove back to New Orleans. I swear he must have only been 2 weeks old. My prior dog was the most incredible dog I ever had. They say everyone gets one fantastic dog in their lifetime. My prior dog, Radar was that pup. Thats said... Going to get Java from the Lucedale SPCA was one of my best moves in my life. Getting another dog quickly really is the best answer when you loose your current pet.

Our oldest daughter has no husband but is a beautiful red head and is a very smart women . Holding her own mental health service and ten years in business. Her only family is us of course , but she has two dogs . Charlie the crazy nut herding mutt, cries like a baby if she's gone. Now Tiger he's over 16 years old a runt of the litter terrier mix. Now he's been the ABSOLUTELY best dog and my buddy , we travelled all over together I'd grab his leash and he'd get so excited he couldn't be still . I tell you he's got more miles in my truck then the trucks I've owned. He loved people and could tell the bad ones. He slept in my lap for years till he couldn't get up to me.
Well he's slowing down and the vet today said he thinks he's got a few months left. It's tearing me apart just thinking of how it will hurt her. But that little 15lb dog will never have an equal , he knew the days of the week and where we were going . The club , nanas house, down the shore. Just say the words he knew. Funny and quiet unless someone came near me he protected me , like I needed any. So if I can ask for a prayer for all the family , no I'm not trying to rush , sometimes it helps to be prayed for a future that you know will hurt. Maybe it's just for myself , ill miss him badly . Honestly I've had lots of dogs but this boy really is a special guy . He loved to hunt , catching birds ,squirrels feared and tormented him I found him 8' up a tree after them. You pet owners all understand bad news about your buddies.

PRAYERS SENT

We lost our best friend about a year and a half ago. In the beginning I wanted him the least but he seemed to know that and loved me the most. Now I still miss him. I try to remember the good times with him and even go to check his food and water dishes at noon when I come home for lunch. Who would ever think that a simple dog or pet would have that kind of effect on anyone. I watched him grow old and when the end was near it was tough to not have a tear in my eyes. So I will say a prayer for Tiger and you guys.

Back