Light mounting bracket

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Here is another quick simple project I made. I am going to replace the s.h.c.s with button heads for better looks
aqyga9e6.jpg
uzu2avev.jpg
I needed to make a set of tall jaws for the vise to work on this project. The sides of the ram on my mill are angled 5° so I got to use my angle blocks for this project.py4eqape.jpg

sent from my hand held hickymajig

aqyga9e6.jpg

uzu2avev.jpg

py4eqape.jpg

Project looking good. I just changed my lighting from incandescent 60 w bulb to a couple of boards that has led's on them. You can get 24 or 48 smd 5050(very bright LED) for about $3.50 on ebay. I used 4 of them that have a self stick to a board that i machined to attach under the spindle of the machine. Now, I have plenty of light and am not worried if a piece of stray steel hits the bulb. I run these LED's off of a plug in 12 volt transformer adapter like the ones to charge phones, play games, etc. You can also get these adapters at Good Will Stores for about $3-5. Just make sure that they are 12 to 13.5 volts DC (direct current) as LED's need DC to operate.

Project looking good. I just changed my lighting from incandescent 60 w bulb to a couple of boards that has led's on them. You can get 24 or 48 smd 5050(very bright LED) for about $3.50 on ebay. I used 4 of them that have a self stick to a board that i machined to attach under the spindle of the machine. Now, I have plenty of light and am not worried if a piece of stray steel hits the bulb. I run these LED's off of a plug in 12 volt transformer adapter like the ones to charge phones, play games, etc. You can also get these adapters at Good Will Stores for about $3-5. Just make sure that they are 12 to 13.5 volts DC (direct current) as LED's need DC to operate.

Could you post some pictures of this as I for one would like to put better lighting on my mill.

Back