Light

boodogboo

Active User
Registered
I purchased one of them 45 dollar led gooseneck lights off amazon, after about 10 hrs about half the bulbs are out and are non replaceable, anyone have any good dependable light suggestions . Thanks for any help

I've had pretty good luck with these. The magnets seem to come loose after a time, but a little JB Weld or epoxy fixes that. One of of mine will give you a shock if you plug it in backwards, I just marked the neutral side of the plug and make sure I plug it in correctly, the other seems fine. I have one that lives on my mill, the other is a floater for where ever I need light.

About $8.00

This is what I did for my lathe. It is a 1400 lumin 12 V lamp from ATVs.
I have used two of these on the mill as well as a ring light.

Wow, thats an unbelievable price. I got mine from Little Machine Shop. Flexible, mag base, about $60.00. They have a couple differant styles. I like mine but cant let a bargain go bye.

Wow, thats an unbelievable price. I got mine from Little Machine Shop. Flexible, mag base, about $60.00. They have a couple differant styles. I like mine but cant let a bargain go bye.
Was thinking about some additional light, can't see squate any more without a lot of good light. Thanks - If this is the same as the one on ebay? I think I'll get two

My experience with 9 out of 10 bad led lights I encountered coming from Asia have failed because the manufacturer did not use enough soldier on the circuit board which allowed one or more of the contact pins to come loose! Simply put, if you go over the circuit board with a magnifying glass and a hot soldier iron you could potentially easily fix the "Out" led lights. Its usually only 1 contact that has broken but my experience has been its just best to quickly touch up anything thats suspect. Since the cost of the LED lights have come down dramatically over the years it might not be worth the effort depending on what you paid and how difficult it is to get to the problem area however money is money and if you have the time its usually a pretty dependable fix.

Last edited:
Back