Limit Switch Woes

Too funny! I'm still learning how to touch off my cutting tools so a turret and sub-spindle are way over my head. LOL

I installed the new BoB and I'm up and running, except! The homing sequence doesn't work. It worked before with the old board and the replacement board is identical. When I start the homing sequence the axis moves to the switch and trips. I go to the Diagnostics screen and select OverRide Limits but Mach will not reset and allow me to back off the limit switch.

I checked my configuration and it is correct. I can jog the X and Y axis and the spindle turns. Short of reloading Mach any suggestions?

Press <ctrl> and jog maybe? I think that overrides the limits.

Press <ctrl> and jog maybe? I think that overrides the limits.

Thanks but that didn't work. Couple of other things that I didn't mention in my post above. When I click on OverRide Limits then press the Reset button the message "Limit Switch Tripped" goes away. The other thing is the Estop indicator light is coming on when the limits are tripped even though it is not enabled. It won't clear unless I shut down Mach and restart. Maybe I need to enable it in order to clear it.

Another question: Can I use any Com terminal on the BoB in lieu of the Com terminal on the Input block? I'm asking because the Input terminal block has five connection points but potentially I can have five inputs (pins 10,11,12,13 and 15). My old board had the same number of terminals on the Input block and the last one was marked "Com". This new board is not marked.

Fixed! Evidently Mach3 activates the Estop circuit when a limit is tripped even though the Estop is not configured in Ports and Pins setup. Because I didn't have my Estop configured I couldn't reset and therefore over riding the limits doesn't work. I configured my Estop and I can now home the machine.

Now on to sorting out the eratic tachometer output. It never ends!

Back