[4]

Linear Rails

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

JerseyDog

Registered
I bought a pair of linear rails with blocks. I got them on eBay new but open box. I was looking around to see where to post this question but could find any place so I’ll ask it here. They came sealed from factory and covered in a thick grease. I know I have to clean them before installing them but they didn’t come with the zerks. I was told that I might need a metering valve which I have no idea what they are. I have included images and will like help on identifying if I need the metering valves. If I do need them how will I go about getting them? Also what do they do? I have been looking around but can’t find any info on them. All help is greatly appreciated. I couldn’t load images with this post but I will add alone on the next post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerseyDog

Registered

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Just put in grease zerks. That's the way most machines are greased today. The only time you need metering valves is when using a central lube system.

JerseyDog

Registered
Just put in grease zerks. That's the way most machines are greased today. The only time you need metering valves is when using a central lube system.
Thanks you I thought you had to run it with metering valves. Now I have to find zerks for them.

[6]
[5] [7]