Linuxcnc - g-code - gcode sequence to change origin to machine multiple patterns

Thanks for the insight @JimDawson . In the past I have not tried to use G10 to set the work offsets. I just moved to the new work origin and zeroed my coordinates.

I tried them in PathPIlot this morning and the G10 L2 P2 X~ Y~Z~ command does set the the offsets from the machine coordinates to the X~ Y~ Z~ values in the work offset table. Another tool in the arsenal. I haven't done any conditional programming in PathPIlot yet. Most of the programs that I run are through the CAM processor so there hasn't been a need.

Thanks for the insight @JimDawson .
My pleasure. I can't take too much credit there, I just looked at the LinuxCNC G code list and read the documentation. I have never seen a G10 before. :grin:

Like you, I just do everything in CAM, I've never done any conditional G code programming, makes my head hurt to think about how that code works. :faint:

My pleasure. I can't take too much credit there, I just looked at the LinuxCNC G code list and read the documentation. I have never seen a G10 before. :grin:

Like you, I just do everything in CAM, I've never done any conditional G code programming, makes my head hurt to think about how that code works. :faint:
I did some about twenty years ago. It actually wasn't too bad. The program involved cutting degree lines on a large disk with every fifth line longer and every tenth line longer yet. The final part was cutting the numbers for every tenth line. I work in polar coordinates which made the programming much simpler. I don't recall the flavor of the CNC but we didn't have a CAM processor then. The machinist didn't do any programming and only used conversational control or canned programs. I didn't actually do the machining. He gave me the user manual and I wrote the G code. My first experience with CNC programs. Here was the final product.
PB010421.JPG

Back