Liquid Type Gasket Maker

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
What's a good product to seal up the oil in my carriage?
I'm taking the bottom off for cleaning and need something to seal it back up.

You cant beat silastic,not the fancy coloured stuff,just hardware store black for $3-4 a tube.

I like The Right Stuff by Permatex..... Let it set up for 15 minutes, torque it down and put it back into service....

Permatex ultra grey. It is the equivalent to what the auto manufacturers are using on oil pans and rear end covers. You can't beat it. Just make sure the parts are clean before assembly.

I like The Right Stuff by Permatex..... Let it set up for 15 minutes, torque it down and put it back into service....

The "right stuff" I have says "assemble parts within 5 minutes" Mine is "black one minute gasket" I use it a lot. Good stuff.

The local Menards had Ultra Grey so I got some of that. Then I realized I have a rubber gasket I took off and as i understand I should use a gasket sealer with a gasket. Or I guess I could just not use the gasket. I'm heading to Grainger today so I could pick up some proper gasket sealer. Anyway when I took off the bottom cover it was full of a white tacky substance, all the bolts as well.

Back