Live center 2MT short length

Scorn64

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know the overall length of the 2MT live center short is? (The one sold by LMS) There is a used one for sale locally and it really looks like one but I can’t find any specs on the actual one anywhere to know for sure.

Last edited:
sorry i don't have the actual length right now, but they are a little over half the length of the full size MT2 taper

in some lathes, the taper is too short to eject the shorter taper from the tailstock.
often a bolt is added to the small end , or it is built up with weld metal to make ejection easier

Does anyone know the overall length of the 2MT live center short is? (The one sold by LMS) There is a used one for sale locally and it really looks like one but I can’t find any specs on the actual one anywhere to know for sure.

I recently bought a lathe that came with a bunch of extra tooling, and some of it was MT2 that must have been from another lathe since mine is MT3. I've started going through the pile and there are a number of live and dead centers. I'm pretty sure one of the nicer ones was a shorter live center that seems very well made and seems really smooth. I was planning to post them for sale pretty cheap when I get a pile ready, but if you're interested shoot me a PM and I can check the dimensions and get pics.

Thank you. I went ahead and bought them (he had several that where bought together at an auction). They were cheap enough to be worth the risk. I’ll probably just sell the extras if they turn out to be good. I’ll have them and find out Saturday.

I’m glad I took a chance with them. I’m sure they are MT2 shorts now that I have them. Not only that but they are also brand new and still in their wrappers. They came boxed with a 7 x 12 users manual.

F92C2E3B-72DD-4CD5-B0FC-9E79687669E6.jpeg

Back