Living in a paperless society ?

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Yeah , right . :rolleyes: Can't even get into the toolboxes because of all the " needed paper " . I'm going to file it all where it belongs , and if they need it , I'll tell them which can it went in . :big grin: End of rant .

Burn it!

Sometimes I hate the paperless word we have become to be. Sure I understand the big waste & cost of printed matter but in some cases (totally unrelated to yours) I rather have paper than everything being electronic.

I agree Will . I'm a very large fan of paper also ………………………….in the form of 20s , 50s and benjamins ! :grin: I have to do both electronic and the paper route , it's just way to much to keep up with . Everyday , stacks of pms that I can't get to because I'm running around trying to keep the place up and running . 4-6 people on days , me on nights . :rolleyes: I can only be 3 places at once now-a-days , I'm not 25 YO any more . :big grin:

You can do the work of 4-6people? You Da' Man, Dave!

You can do the work of 4-6people? You Da' Man, Dave!
:grin: I put the fires out ………….but they always rekindle on nightshift ! Breakdowns , PMs , making spare parts , repairing dies and trying to keep the entire plant operating keeps me on my feet . By the time I arrive at one fire , I have 3 more on the work order list ! It just never stops .

And to add , I have no electrician here after 11 . I shut them down until Monday morning .

I ran an experiment one year when I was working. (teaching)
I did the requisite paper work but never handed it in, just stored it in a desk drawer and believe me there was heaps of the stuff.
After 12 months of this and NEVER being asked for any of it I stopped filling it in.
Saved me heaps of time.

Makes me think of two cats one of my sisters had. They'd chase each each other round and round the centre core of the house and after a dozen or so laps the one cat (I'm guessing the smart one) would peel off to the side and go sit under a chair. The other cat kept ripping around and round at full tilt for another six or seven times before it figured out the first cat wasn't there anymore. :)

We got Samsung Galaxies issued to us last year for work. They’re awesome. I mean I used to have to fill 8 hours a day with actual tasks. Now my number one task is waiting for the page to load. Or refreshing the connection. Or signing back in. Or reloading the app. Or having my password reset. Or power cycling my device. It’s truly been revolutionary. They’re saving so much time this way.

I feel like this guy tonight , but boy did I need a break ! :rolleyes: 5 people here tonight . :big grin:

Back