• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

LMS X2 Mill - reversing motor direction

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

lpeedin

Does anyone know, with any degree of certainty, if it is ok to install a simple DPDT toggle switch inline the wiring to the motor to serve as an forward/off/reverse switch? I'm reading a lot of conflicting information on the web. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fabrickator

Active User
I've done it, it's simply a quick plug in with the appropriate part. I searched online and found the correct plug/lead that I ordered from China (sold in 5 packs/$5). I have an extra lead if you'd like one, just send me a PM with your mailing address. Easily fits in a mailing envelope.

Here's the link to my LMS Mini Mill mods, including this one. Read it through...

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php/22202-My-LMS-Mini-Mill

Rick

Last edited:

lpeedin

Thanks Rick. There's a lot to digest in your mods thread so I'll take it all in a little later. when my head is a bit clearer. I'm PMing you my address. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fabrickator

Active User
You can zoom in on one of the control box pics to see the specs on the switch. 6A / 125V.

lpeedin

You can zoom in on one of the control box pics to see the specs on the switch. 6A / 125V.
Looked through my goodie box today and actually found a switch with the same specs. Its got 6 pins vs 3 like yours, but I'll only use one side.
Thanks again for all your help.

[6]
[5] [7]