Local Tooling Supplier Actually Called Me - Thank You

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Yesterday, I called the local machine shop supplier/metal source and I ordered a good quality 1/2” ER 20 collet. The guy asked a couple of questions and said he would take care of the order, as they have many times before.

This morning at 8:01 am, their purchasing agent called to verify the order, he asked what I was using the collet for, I told him is a small manual mill. He then said then the order setting on his desk was wrong. Apparently the salesman saw they had one in stock, and did no other checking and was going to have it ship to my store for pick up, but the one in stock is a very expensive special that is used by one of there big manufacturing concerns in the Buffalo area. He said he would gladly sell it to me, but he thought the $137 cost was probably a tad bit high for my needs.

The “proper“ $28 collet will be in my hand on Tuesday.

I’m very glad they called, when I opened the invoice/statement and saw that $137 price, I’d have a heart attack.

To me that’s one of the biggest changes in biz is actual customer service. The norm now seems to either have inexperienced or indifferent customer service buried behind an annoying phone tree. i don’t often need customer service but when I do and find bad service I go elsewhere.

Back