Lodge and Shipley 16"

Russel

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know are all the 4 way tool holders all about the same for these big lathes? Thanks

Forget about 4 way tool holders, get a quick change type, like Aloris; much more adapatable; very nice, especially for drilling with carriage feed.

16" L&S, wow! L&S had a habit of making machines that they under sold and typically over performed. A 16" labeled LS had a swing of 18", and they madke them to survive nuclear strikes, or at least it seemed that way. they were made when iron was cheap and castings were big. All other manufacturers had to follow suit, least they're machines looked like wimps in comparison. We are definitely going to need a picture of that girl.

a 4 way post on ebay may be the cheap way to go, but i would look for a aloris cxa/CA or multifix B or C (don't know which) size to fit it. Larger toolposts are usually cheaper on ebay, if you can find one thats on auction and not "buy it now", aka "pay through the nose".

I will get a photo up. Sorry for the late reply.:)) I have been looking at the quick change stuff and its the best advice anyone could give. Thanks

Back