Logan 14-40

eazrider

Registered
Registered
I have a Logan 6500 (?) I picked up for use in my shop at home. Seems to work well, except when I engage the high speed by sliding the notched wheel into the main shaft of the gear box, after I use it for a short while, the engagment mechanism becomes disengaged. No big deal, just is a nusiance. Have to shut it down, and re-engage the notched parts. Anyone else have the problem of the locking mechanism becoming disengaged in high range? (not the lever on the front of the lathe that moves back and forth, but the part on the collet closer that locks the 2 parts together)

I haven't had any problems with that on the 6560 I picked up. I did noticed that there is only one pull-pin on the spindle, but there are holes for two, and there are two used in this video.

The catalog only calls for one pull-pin on the 6560, but you might need two, or to replace the one you have. From your descrption ("by sliding the notched wheel into the main shaft of the gear box") , though, it sounds like you might have a differnet mechanism.

Back