• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Logan 14" lathe owners

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

What size QCTP did you go with.

I put a BXA size on my 6560. This is what is suggested by Scott and on the shars website. I went with this over the CXA do to cost for one. Well I am able to get all my tools on center expect my Chinese 16mm insert boring Bar. Even shimming it up to the top of the holder wont get it high enough to reach center. I also have some smaller bars which I think I should be able to shim and I have a 20mm. The 20 will go in the boring bar tool holder but looks like it my not work also. Have not tried it yet because the holder is bored 1" and came with a 3/4 adapter. I need to make a couple new adapters.

Anyone with similar experience? I will make it work one way or another.

Cheers,
Mike

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

I know there are some 14” Logan owners out there.

Also Aloris suggest the BXA for the 14”.

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

Logan's website indicates either BXA or CXA for the 14" machines. (Also "300" size, whatever that is.)

http://lathe.com/faq/index.html#_Toc95180289
Thanks

All my tolls work fine except the 16mm boring bar in a standard toll holder. Smaller bars can be shimmed up to get them on center. If I have to and probably will. I’ll make deadicated toll holders fro the bigger bars.

[6]
[5] [7]