Logan 200 (210) Spindle oiler set screw

hworff

Registered
Registered
My Logan 210 slings oil from the spindle middle flat pulley where it is to be oiled. There is a set screw plug in it but it must not be the correct type. I read some where that this hex socket 1/4"-20 X 3/8" screw should be a ball point. I have googled every which way & can't find a milled ball point or part labeled for this application. There are cup point ones that are smooth (not knurled). Any body have a solution? I am not sure what the bottom of the threaded hole looks like. I don't want to drop anything in there for fear of not getting it out. Thanks, Herb

I don't see why the point would matter since it doesn't bear on anything. I'm pretty sure mine is just a regular set screw. Maybe try a new one to see if it fits tighter?

While mine doesn't 'sling' oil, it definitely leaks some, since I occasionally have to wipe oil off of the belt and pulleys.

Typical. Put some oil in, then wrap some plumbers tape around the screw before you screw it in. That is, if the problem is oil getting slung around. If it is something else, then this may not help.

Yes plumber's teflon tape or soft-set pipe thread compound (Rectorseal) would work
Mark

Back