Logan 200 bearings and gears

Update,
Got the rear bearing out of the housing without issue. A slight warming with the heat gun to the casting did the trick.
Upon slight cleaning the bearing feels better. I got the key out of the spindle without undue issue. After a soaking with PB the double row seemed to free up as well.
Solvents may win the day...

Rambin : I was going to give the bearings a good cleaning before buying new ones, just figuring on the worst case. Im going to use square cast iron filler and a can of flux to rebuild the teeth. I've had better luck with that combo and cast iron vs brazing or nickel filler.
Nogoingback : The rear nut I have only has 1 pin hole. It came off with 2 light taps from a punch. The damage in the pic is existing, I did not do that to it lol
I'm more concerned with the ring thats sitting behind the bearing, unless i've been mixing up which parts were talking about.
Either way, thank you guys for all of your help!

Guess I could have done a better job with my response. My intent was to give you a source for puchasing a wrench
for the bearing nut if you need it. Since I bought the small wrench from them, I threw that info into the mix in case you needed one when you re-assemble later.

How is the lathe coming along? I have the same lathe i am awaiting the bearings which are in the mail now. I have been running normal bearings i got from mcmaster and they are not terrible but it is such a nice little lathe i want to treat her right.

BTW i have another one just like it i need the countershaft assembly for. Been looking on ebay.

Back