Logan 820 attachment ID

MontanaLon

Registered
Registered
Saw a piece on a lathe for sale that I have not seen before. Seller doesn't know much about lathe and can't tell me what it is. Here is the picture of it.

It appears there is no take up nut as this piece butts up to the spindle gear and has a set screw instead of a clamp type collar.

It kind of looks like a part to a collet closer but I don't know that much and can't really tell from the pictures of collet closers I can find on the web.

Choiliefan

Registered
Registered
Probably part of a production lever type collet closer.
Iirc the mating piece is tightened down with a spring-loaded ball "ratcheting" in the holes until the happy median for gripping the workpiece is determined.
Being set this way, the closer is ready for repeated parts of the same diameter.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock