Logan 820 Bed Rack & Saddle Issues

The only thing i come up with is that at some point the apron was replaced, when i took it apart it did have some of the gear teeth chewed out and the gear had some soda can shims stuffed in there or like francist said, the bed ways were machined down.

i actually matched up the gears before i installed just in case they were different but they were exactly the same.
You stated the old one was sorta chewed up and it had some shims so what are the chances that the old gear was a replacement that didnt quite fit but it was what the PO had available to use?

This is where things can get challenging, you never quite know why a previous owner did what they did ( or didn't do ).

I try to be really methodical when faced with problems like this. One thing at a time, try to determine a solid starting reference and work from there. Run through how each piece will fit and operate in relation to the other, make sure they can work together. And most of all, don't modify anything by removal means (drilling, grinding, etc) unless you are really certain it needs to be done. Shimming usually pretty easy, but sticking metal back on once it's a pile of chips really hard!

Good luck, you can figure it out. Just takes a bit of thinking on it.

-frank

Lastinrascalrg1, so when i took the bed apart and saw the damaged teeth i looked up the correct P/N and ordered it when i got it, it was same size same teeth..etc.. so I'm not sure what is incorrect.

francist, very true , thank you for your reply. ill post more pics once i figure it out.

It will fit perfect once the space is filled up with curse words and tears;)

:grin big: very true , i think i took apart the apron 3 - 4 times before finally realizing what i was doing wrong.

Hope everyone had a good 4th :eagerness: . i managed to put a shim i did here at work for the rack and it seemed to work great. I still couldn't make out were this was wrong but it did seem the ways were machined but still not sure none the less it did work. so on to the gear change rebuild now. thx for those who responded, very much appreciated.:encourage::encourage:

Attachments

• 20190707_151129.jpg
    20190707_151129.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190707_150256.jpg
    20190707_150256.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 21
Back