Logan 820 circa 1944 How to Split the apron To seal the apron to seal the joining seam ?

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I once saw a Post that covered rebuilding a Logan section x section Was 10 years ago when I rebuilt my first lathe ( a Logan 820) I now have , in front of me, Another Logan 820 That I received in about 8 0r 9 main pieces. I turns out to be complete and runs well after re-wiring Motor to run on 120 V ( I have no 220V in my shop) Only problem is front apron leaks at apron seam and must be sealed. I'm looking for any sort of instructions on Apron disassembly.
If anyone has instructions and can copy and send them or a internet address where I could access and print them I will be forever grateful.
Reach me at joebiplane@comcast.net as always My deepest gratitude to anyone who can help
Joe

For sealing I highly recommend Loctite 510 series (510, 515, etc) of "gasket makers". This is also sold at Dodge-Chrysler dealerships as Mopar 4318083. These products are a pink gel that doesn't need a perfectly grease-free surface to act, which saves a lot of installation time.

Back