Logan headstock bracket

Mikinvt

Registered
Registered
Hello i was wondering if someone who has a logan 10" lathe could post a picture of how the drivebox is connected to the headstock. I am missing the parts. Thanks.

My Logan 820 was apparently somewhat modified in this drivebox/headstock connection, but these photos shows the bracket that should have rubber bushings that take pin from the drive box. Photos 2 & 3 shows mine had that aluminum shaft and no vibration isolating bushings.

Attachments

• bracket, headstock, nonstandard.jpg
    bracket, headstock, nonstandard.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Headstock rear view after removal.jpg
    Headstock rear view after removal.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Headstock rear view, before.jpg
    Headstock rear view, before.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 13
Hey thanks that is super helpful. I should be able to fashion something like it.

Anyone know if a 820 and 200 headstock casting are the same? I dont see hole to bolt anything to on the back chuck side. I could not find a countershaft correct for my lathe, so i was going to convert to the more readily available 820 style.

Manuals for both the 800 and 200 series can be found over on the Vintage Machinery Web site. http://www.vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=2093&tab=3

This is from the 800 series but the 200 is very similar. Part number LA-658 is a rubber bushing. Set screw 0441 holds pin LA-399 in place. The rubber bushing is held captive between bracket LA-657 and the frame. The rubber bushing LA-658 is available from Logan https://store.lathe.com/headstock.html I believe there were several different headstock casting part numbers used for both the 200 and 820 depending on serial numbers.

LoganDriveBox.PNG

Last edited:
Could you tell me the distance from the center of the bushing hole to the casting? I have some steel I am going to mill up. Thanks.

Mik,
My Logan 820 (serial 24157) measures 1.365" from the headstock casting to the bushing hole centerline.
Greg

Back