• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Logan lathe (200?) for sale in Knoxville TN

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

vincent52100

When I was looking for a Lathe I found one in Knoxville TN but it seemed expensive,he’s says 3000 and serious inquires only. Am I missing something? The post id is 6598605268.
Haven’t figured out how to cut and paste on an ipad so i couldn’t post a picture

Chuck K

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
It has a lot of additional profit added in.
Seriously, that is more than 3 times what it would bring in the Chicago area. A decent 820 usually brings 1200 - 1500 depending on accessories and condition. I would pass.

vincent52100

I thought it was too high. Bought an 820.

Chuck K

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Good decision. The 820 is a great machine. But....no pics, it didn't happen

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Prices also vary widely in different parts of the country because historically, most manufacturing was in the North and North East, so machines tend to be relatively plentiful up there. I bought my Atlas Mill from a guy up near Detroit.

[6]
[5] [7]