Logan Lathe model 1922

lizl

Registered
Registered
Hi All

My father had a Logan lathe model 1922 in excellent conditions with 3-jaw and 4-jaw chucks as well as a full set of attachments (I don't have exact details for the attachments/accessories). My brother has an very interested buyer locally (no shipping costs) but no one has any idea of a fair price. I would be most appreciative is anyone could give us a ball park number. Thanks so much!

East coast prices typically are less than West coast, but I would think something like 1500 would be about right
Out here probably about 1750-2000 depending on condition of course
Mark

Anywhere from $1000-$2000 depending on the buyer. Could you keep it? Might be better yo use it with your brother and yourself.
Cheers
Martin

Martin is right, Logans don't exactly grow on trees anymore- plus it belonged to your dad- what better keepsake than his lathe?

I would say $2000 to $2500 would be in the ball park, and my condolences on the loss of your father. Mike

Many thanks to you all! The guy who wants to buy it will be good steward of the lathe, better than either my brother or myself. He actually owns a machine shop with 49 employees with contracts to companies like Boeing so he only produces quality work and appreciates good equipment. He wants the lathe for his personal enjoyment, not commercial production. My dad would have liked him. Everyone on this forum has been most gracious and helpful. Thanks again!

Back