LOGAN metal lathe 14 X36 ",W TAPER - $2400 (Sacramento, CA)

Bob,
Isn't that the same shady seller we were discussing recently ?

Ted
Probably, Ted. Good catch! The CL ad currently says "
This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]"

Looks like it could be our least favorite scammer Al Babin. Look for phone numbers with area codes in the wrong place, and anything else that does not look right. "AL" has ripped off a lot of money off of a lot of innocent buyers. Please be careful!
Thanks, Ted!

If anybody wants to know what Ted and I are being careful about here, and possibly save themselves from being cheated, please study this link for a while:

If anybody wants to know what Ted and I are being careful about here, and possibly save themselves from being cheated, please study this link for a while:
He's branched out to California? I'd thought I'd read somewhere he'd been nailed for fraud and shutdown, guess not.
I hadn't checked the phone number in the listing before it was flagged.

There have been numerous other listings from the same dealer. Wonder if they're gone too.

edit: This one is still up. He likes to use funny leading characters in the titles.

Website here:

The phone listed is 860-929-6718, which is Hartford, CT. Of course, that means little except that's where the number was issued. Googling the number, after removing the extra space, brings up lots of results relating to machine tools, including a listing for a Bridgeport for sale in Altoona, PA.

Last edited:
Back