Logan taper attchment

OK. That is a bed turret. A turret tailstock or tailstock turret usually looks like a lever-operated tailstock with a turret attached to the ram. See attached photo. I don't recall whether or not Logan offered one.

However, it appears that the extendible part of the Logan version of the bed turret can fit between the right saddle arms and get closer to the headstock than I thought.

Well my parts arrived, quite expensive for what I bought....I am a tool maker, so I understand what is involved in making things, I even have a business doing just that making things for people. I will just leave it at that...

OK. That is a bed turret. A turret tailstock or tailstock turret usually looks like a lever-operated tailstock with a turret attached to the ram. See attached photo. I don't recall whether or not Logan offered one.

However, it appears that the extendible part of the Logan version of the bed turret can fit between the right saddle arms and get closer to the headstock than I thought.

View attachment 287087
I have one of those as well, never use it.....of course many of us have "things" we collect and rarely use, but that is the fun of it eh?

One more piece of the puzzle is complete, picked up the taper attachment cross slide Saturday, installed it yesterday afternoon. I am down to modifying the slider block height and making the locking nut to secure the cross slide cover to the taper attachment slider and THEN I can start cutting on a taper.... been a long time, can't wait the thread on that taper as well.

Back