logan wards parts?

rambin

Registered
Registered
just curious if any of you out there have parts available? theres a few odd things im needing for my 700 wards been watching ebay but don't feel like getting raped. some of those sellers have real high hopes that a sucker comes along...they must have to sit on this stuff for quite awhile.

some things im looking for..
tailstock wipers... I have the left ones need the rights (tailstock end of carriage)
threading dial
tailstock... (mines seen better days, handle/lock has been butchered and the quill has hammer marks and lots of wear)
3 jaw chuck.. thinking im probably better to buy new instead of a 1/2 worn out one?
steady rest... I sometimes make long parts (16+ ") out of 1.5 + material.. hard to face or center drill at that length
im sure theres more... let me know what you have if anything as I know some of you have bought parts machines to rebuild your own lathes

Logan sells parts (see link below). For the wipers if all you need is new felt you can cut your own from stock material which you may find locally. In the US you can buy it at Grainger and McMaster Carr.

http://store.lathe.com/saddle.html

For a three jaw chuck I wouldn't even bother with an old used one. All too often they are beat up and badly worn. For not too much more money you can get a brand new one if you don't mind buying Chinese imports.

Logan sells felts for the carriage.

Have you looked at eBay for the steady rest and tailstock?

I agree with Terry: there's no way to evaluate chuck condition on eBay, and a lot of the old chucks are just worn out.
Have a look at Shars chucks, or if the budget allows it, Bison makes nice chucks.

the felt and the holders are missing from the tail end of my carriage....someone lost them at some point I guess... ones I can buy from logan or evil bay are the whole set.... big money when you only need 2 pieces of tin... and yes I think I mentioned I wouldn't want to look at someone elses old used up chuck. I got enough old beat up iron here ;p

I purchased one of the holders from Logan: no need to buy all of them. The felts came as a set. By the way, the holders are now injection molded plastic, but the one I got works just fine.

I only seen the set of 4 at the logan site?? for 56 bucks!!!!!! (get real) not sure how plastic would hold up pushing hot chips and oil?? the felts are available on logan and ebay for about 15 buks... not sure what kinda felt it is.

I just called Logan and ordered one with some other stuff. So far the plastic part seems fine.

if ya get a chance take a pic? im curious what plastic would look like on the lathe...

Back