Long way around...

I still haven't moved the adapter plate from the original position. I plan to leave it here until I put a clean, flat surface on it with my face mill. However, I was terribly curious about my progress, so I set the RT on top to verify the location of the slots and the clearance for the handle/divider plate.

20200411_155738.jpg

I'm very pleased with the location of my slots. Honestly, this is the first time I've done something like this. I thought, for sure, that my math might fail me when I started factoring tool diameters and datum points.

20200411_155749.jpg

I swept the RT...just for giggles...not bolted down. I have about .0005" variance across 8" - side to side and front to back. I think that's probably reasonable for my purposes. Also, it looks like my hand crank will have adequate clearance after I remove the 123 blocks.
20200411_155728.jpg

Just realized that my clamp set for the Bridgeport will not fit on the RT, so I had to order a set of 12mm hardware before I can get to the actual job of making parts.

Screenshot_20200414-105641_Chrome.jpg

That's like another $120

It's my own fault. When given the choice between buying the parts for $80 or buying the tools and learning how to make the parts myself for $400, I'll usually go the $400 path. I like to imagine that it's the old "teach a man to fish" adage. I get no satisfaction from buying things, but I love rebuilding or fabricating things.

Back