Look what followed me home last night. . .

8" from the center of the backing plate to the way. 16" swing?
52" from the backing plate to the end of the way. Given the tailstock is over 12" long, I think that'll give me 36" between centers.
The chuck is a massive 12" dia, 4 jaw. The seller said there were issues with it. I won't know untill I get it all back together.

I also got the taper attachment. At least, most of it. I think
Wow, that IS a score! 16" lathe, 12" chuck, AND a taper attachment? Sweet! Get that thing cleaned up, and then make stuff!

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Didn't the seller also have a big old bandsaw and ancient drill press for sale?
I think I saw the ad on Craigslist and researched Sebastian on tony's machine tool archive.
If its the same one I'm thinking of, your machine has roller headstock bearings.
Congratulations on a very fine machine!
Here's an older on with plain berings:
1653337105146.png

Didn't the seller also have a big old bandsaw and ancient drill press for sale?
I think I saw the ad on Craigslist and researched Sebastian on tony's machine tool archive.
If its the same one I'm thinking of, your machine has roller headstock bearings.
Congratulations on a very fine machine!
Here's an older on with plain berings:
And that drill press and saw were (are?) very nice. If I could have gotten them on the trailler, and then had a place to put them once I got them home, they would have followed me home with the lathe. Alas, I'm thinking I stress my Xterra more than I should have as it is. I was thinking this thing weighed about 1600. But, now thinking it was closer to 4500.

Back