Looking For 3-hole Punch Or Kickstand Plans

roobee

Registered
Registered
Plans for a 3-hole punch for binder paper or a kickstand for my bike would be great. I have access to a metalshop with tools like lathe, mill, tin snips, forging, etc. It has arc, oxy, mig, and spot welding.

It would more fun to design the kick stand then build it. It is always rewarding to watch your own creation come to life. It sounds like you have access to a pretty well equipped shop, and I'll bet there is someone there who could get you started.

Last edited:
For the 3 hole paper punch, there prity cheap but would be easy enough to make one. I use dowel pins to make punches, thay are prity hard just grind one end flat with sharp edges. The kick stand, would need to se what bike you have to know what you need.

@ JimDawson I am making it for my class project, and my teacher wanted me to find plans instead of make my own.
@ kd4gij I'll post a picture of the bike up later.
@ pebbleworm Those plans look good. However, I think my teacher wants dimensions in them as well. I'll post here whether he okays them, but that'll take a week-ish because my school is on break now.

Here are my bike pictures. It is a Trek Shift 1 bought from Summit Bicycles.
FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

I don't think that I've ever seen a mountain bike with a kick stand - I think that would be as rare as seeing a racing motorcycle with a kick stand. Different strokes, however ...

Regarding the 3-hole punch, there are several variations, some simple some fairly complex. Why not visit the local office supply store with a sketch pad and a machinists scale ? I'm sure that the employees would have no problem with you measuring and sketching their punches. Just a thought :)

After looking on google, it looks like you have picked two projects that is so cheap to buy. That finding plans is going to be almost imposible. Is this for a shop class? Mabe a member that has autocad could help you out. I am surprized the teacher wan't you to find it on the net instead of drawing it up your self, That seams odd.

Back