Looking For 90-1 Dividing Head Chart

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Does anyone know where one could find dividing head charts for a 90-1 rotary table? I have been looking on the
web with little success. I found my original operating book and it has no charts......

hey cathead,

I cannot point you to an existing one, but I'm sure I could produce one in excel......might even be fun.
Your looking for something that shows (for a 90:1 worm ratio) which hole circle could be used for so many degrees of index, right?

-brino

hey cathead,

I cannot point you to an existing one, but I'm sure I could produce one in excel......might even be fun.
Your looking for something that shows (for a 90:1 worm ratio) which hole circle could be used for so many degrees of index, right?

-brino
Yes, something like that. I have dividing plates and am looking for a chart or charts that tell one which dividing plate (# of holes) to use for
a given number of divisions in 360 degrees. Usually I can figure this out with a lot of head scratching but charts would make it a lot easier.
Something I could download would be fine. There might be others that would be interested as well. Thanks for helping Brino.

have charts 20:1 and Ellis 40:1 if this helps anybody

Attachments

• EllisDividingChart.pdf
    99.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Copy_of_20_to_1_rotary_table_calc.pdf
    49.5 KB · Views: 59
I had this pic saved on my phone. I can get the rest of the diagram/manual this evening. My rotary is an 8" Yuasa copy with dividing attachment. Do the # of holes in your plates match mine?

A spreadsheet sure would be a handy item to laminate

030af02c00f98617e039370e08ee6b19.jpg

I had this pic saved on my phone. I can get the rest of the diagram/manual this evening. My rotary is an 8" Yuasa copy with dividing attachment. Do the # of holes in your plates match mine?

I have holes from about 35 to 65 or so. That will work I think. Thanks for helping in this project Aaron!
Mine is a 12 inch but as long as the ratio is the same, the angular motion would be the same too.

A spreadsheet sure would be a handy item to laminate

030af02c00f98617e039370e08ee6b19.jpg

I have dividing plates and am looking for a chart or charts that tell one which dividing plate (# of holes) to use for a given number of divisions in 360 degrees.

cathead,

I already have an all-singing, all-dancing version of the spreadsheet that would be configurable for any worm gear ratio and dividing plate combinations, however I am still working out a few wrinkles in how to display the data without overwhelming the user. If you give me the hole circle counts for the dividing plates you have, I could provide that fairly quickly as it is a subset of my large spreadsheet.

-brino

cathead,

I already have an all-singing, all-dancing version of the spreadsheet that would be configurable for any worm gear ratio and dividing plate combinations, however I am still working out a few wrinkles in how to display the data without overwhelming the user. If you give me the hole circle counts for the dividing plates you have, I could provide that fairly quickly as it is a subset of my large spreadsheet.

-brino

I have 22 sets of holes as follows:

34 37 38 39 41 43 44 46 47 49 50 51 52 53 54 56 57 58 59 61 62 64

Cathead,

I will check tonight when I get home. I may be able to help you with a chart.

Mark,

Thanks for the interest. I want to thank everyone who has responded. It's really great to have you all helping me out like this.

Back