Looking for a 3/8” cordless ratchet with body mounted direction control.

ChrisAttebery

Rocket Nerd
Registered
I've been thinking about buying a 3/8" cordless ratchet to use on the drawbar on my G0704 CNC mill. I need one that I can operate with one hand (on/off, loosen/tighten) while I hold the spindle brake. I've looked around but I haven't found one that looks like it would be easy to use in this manner. Right now I'm using a Craftsman 3/8" pear head type ratchet. I can flip the direction lever with my thumb. Anyone here have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like this one would work. https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2668-21CT

1581452086510.png

Whoa, such a thing exists! My first thought was, "duh, all of my ratchets are cordless!"

Do you need ceiling clearance necessitating a special tool as such, or can you use a cheaper cordless impact on the drawbar with a pinned-on socket?

While this is a nice tool, it's actually an impact wrench. Not a ratchet. Once you quit squeezing the trigger the wrench free wheels. Maybe that is okay for what you want. Milwaukee does make a really nice cordless 3/8 ratchet (See attached). But you have to change the direction like a normal manual ratchet. I have the 1/4 version & it's quite a time saver.
Mike

Attachments

• Ratchet.JPG
    Ratchet.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 125
And I have a few of these . Not HF ! :grin:

Back