Looking for a powder coating match for the red X2?

Pinresto

Active User
Registered
Sieg X2 red powder coating match?

Hi,
I just ordered a machtach. Next step is to build a housing for it. I have some sheet aluminum lying around that will work great. I'd like to powder coat it to match my mill. Has anyone ever found a good match for the red X2 mini mill?

Last edited:
One more try.

Anyone do powder coating? Anyone match their mini mill red to a powder? Wonder if the harbor freight red matches?

I can't help you with the Harbor freight color match but if you need a source for lots of powder colors I use:
http://www.eastwood.com/paints/hotcoat-powder-coating.html also:
http://www.caswellplating.com/powder-coating/powder-coating-colors.html
both of these places have lots to choose from to get you close to the color you need as well as good prices. I have use the Harbor Freight brand powder and I did not like it. It was blotchy and uneven color. Got the Eastwood and it applied mush better and had better color both gloss and flat.

Here is a source I use. It is Powder Buy the Pound. They have tons of colors and you can buy it in the quantities you need it.

Powder Buy the Pound

Thanks for the links. I've actually used all of those sites in the past with good results. The only HF powder I've used is the yellow but it worked fine. I think I sifted it before use. The only reason I was thinking about the HF red is because they sell a lot of stuff with that same red sieg color. I thought maybe they were selling powder they used for production. Not that they produce anything. The one good thing about HF powder is they are all epoxys. It's often difficult to buy epoxys in something other than black, white and gray. I hate buying colors online if I'm looking for a good match. I always end up buying 3 different colors before I find a match I'm happy with. I was hoping someone had already found a good match. Maybe I should ask on a powder forum. I really need to start ordering color cards from different places.

Does it have to match? Could you use a contrasting or accent color such as black?

I really need to start ordering color cards from different places.

That is what I did from Powder Buy the Pound. Sure saves buying lots of powder to get a match. I bought their sample book as well as the RAL color charts.

Does it have to match? Could you use a contrasting or accent color such as black?

No, it doesn't need to match. I would have preferred it though. I just went with black. Matches everything. A match would have been nice to have for future projects also. I'm restoring an old bench drill press soon and I'd also like it to match my mill and lathe. Keep the shop looking nice and neat. Sometimes I've got to remind myself there only so much time I and money should be spending on a little box. If anyone has a match to the sieg red please post it anyways. I'll order some samples and a RAL color chart for future use.

Back