Looking for a tutor in Philadelphia Area

neodem

Registered
Registered
I am a beginner hobby machinist and I've built a small shop in my basement (mill, lathe). I would like help from an expert to make sure that I've got things set up perfectly and then after that I'd like some weekly 'lessons'. There is only so much one can learn from youtube. I need an expert to tutor me a bit. I'm willing to compensate you for your time.. Are you a retired machinist or an old vocational shop teacher? I'd love to talk to you!

Hi , how about some pictures of your machines , tooling things like that with some descriptions . Also some projects that interest you . Do you have tool grinding capability : ie bench grinder , wheels ? What kind of taping fluid , oil do you like ? What kind of indicators do you have (dial , test) ? Stuff like that , we are just getting started my friend .

Ask and you shall receive...
2018-12-01 17.30.20.jpg2018-12-01 17.30.26.jpg2018-12-01 17.30.30.jpg

PM-1022V Lathe
PM-25MV Mill with DRO
4x6 saw
small bench grinder (not pictured)
small bench sander (not pictured)

2018-12-01 17.30.48.jpg2018-12-01 17.31.08.jpg

I'm a beginner so I'm looking to first make sure my machines are set up and working right, then I'd like to make some things like a height guage maybe.. After that I'd like to make a few steam engines and then work towards a clock.

Well I don't have any specific questions. I've asked them in other places here.. What I want is someone to come visit me at my shop and tutor me.. like a piano teacher, but with machines :)

Back