Looking for a vintage clutch expert

Cyclebuster

Registered
Registered
my overcenter clutch has 2 levers that move the spool 1/4 turn away from the hub centers. this is bent levers pointing left to spool what is the correct direction or does it matter. i need to know the rotation as my shaper does not care what direction. i dont think it matters but.. away from the fingers or toward?

Pictures? A shaper needs to go in the proper direction so that the cutting stroke is slow and the return stroke is faster.

you can see the 2 large finger's that "point" forward on top. these ramp the clutch to engage it I think if it turns clockwise it will want to push out? Counterclockwise it should pull in?
The table feed can go either side of center on the main gear shaft. Also the feed engage will work top or bottom. And the motor is a 3 phase so i have no idea what direction it goes. it goes forward and backwards obviously in either direction i turn the intermediate shaft the wrench is on. belts go back to a 4 speed transmisssion sideways, and belt down to a giant electric motor on the far side. If i turn to the left on top, the nut will loosen, so i am imagining that it should turn that way "into" the thread. Your guess is as good as mine here.

Back