Looking for advice, evilBay junk carbide boring bar

They are just trying to play you until time runs out, hopefully you already filed your complaint. They don't have Labor Day in China, besides it's already Tuesday there.

John

Asked eBay to step in. Asking for full refund. Don't want a bar from them, even if it matched the photo. Don't trust this seller.

They think I want a discount, but what I want was what they listed, a functional solid carbide boring bar of the same construction as in the photo. It's clear that they don't have the bar that was photographed. Seems like Bait and Switch.

I'd keep the bar if it cost me under $2, but I sure wouldn't use it for anything that wasn't junk. Bar would probably fail on first cut.

Back to looking for a solid carbide bar. Most of the Circle Machine bars have dried up, or vastly increased in price. Could use a 1/4" and a 1/2" bar. Guess it's a waiting game to see when a decently priced one becomes available.

Seems like Bait and Switch.
Seems like it because that's what it is.
My wife ordered some shoes from China, and what she received in the package was a pencil. Really.
That's why I don't buy anything from a supplier in China.

I had the same deal for a 5c to er32 , they claimed tenths runnout. I had a huge amount of runnout, I think it was 6 thou. They told me they would give me a few dollars, otherwise, I could send it back , they told me I would have to pay shipping, and they added, that shipping would be more than the refund. They also demanded a good review.

can you hear what I am muttering :mad::devil:

eBay has responded, and says I am covered by the eBay money back guarantee. This is because I initiated a return immediately upon receipt of the product, stating item not as described. eBay says the seller needs to send me a pre-paid return label or send me funds via paypal to cover the return shipping cost. If the seller does not respond or facilitate the return by Sept. 11, then eBay will issue me a full refund, including the original shipping cost.

The process is a pain, no doubt. It would have been better for everyone if they had just shipped what they listed.

Time's up. eBay says the seller did not respond. eBay has issued me a full refund and I get to keep the bar.

Guess I'll toss it in the bin of "not so good ideas". Maybe someday, I can repurpose some of the material. Is there such a thing as a ccgt or similar insert with a 0.004" radius?

Applied the refund towards a Circle Machine QCBI-500 bar I just found. Love my QCBI-375 bar. One day I will find a decent 1/4" bar.

Might try the junky 6mm bar and see what happens? It will just cost me the time to make the sleeve. Yeah, it's a piece of crap, but I'll try it on some scrap.

Back